Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Nothing    

Nothing

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Nothing

7 May 2009      

pirchy
Israel

I understand your frustration, especially after putting work into your ws. However, this does not give you the right to call the moderators ESL Nazis! I think that you should watch your language. This is not appropriate for a teacher.
 Pirchy from Israel

7 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Perhaps your titles should be changed from moderators to ESL Nazis.
This attitude is not necessary.  These people have a good system here and if you don �t like it then no one is forcing you to stay.  An ESL resource is subjective.  Going by your definition anything could be an ESL resource if it is used to get people to speak in English. However, pictures take up a lot of space on the server. Furthermore, veiled insults are not helpful in making friends.  Try making resources that will appeal to a bigger audience and you will soon get many points.

7 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Pirchy,
 However, this does not give you the right to call the moderators ESL Nazis!
In his/her defense it was a suggested title.  He/She never actually called them that.  Still, it was not polite.

7 May 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

This is really getting out of hand!
We are guests in this site and we have no right to be offensive!
"Perhaps your titles should be changed from moderators to ESL Nazis" was not a "suggestion" but an insult.

7 May 2009     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Hi,

I should not have used the term ESL Nazis as it has obviously detracted from my argument. Just in case you didnt know, the root of the word moderator is moderate. The moderators are clearly not moderate and are clearly targeting certain members. Obviously the word Nazi is a clear definition of the opposite of moderate.

I have already found thousands of worksheets less legitimate than the ones I have had deleted. So why are certain members being targeted by this group of a couple of people. As i said over 30 people downloaded one and 20 the other one. If it was a ESL resource No one would Download it.

As you said an Esl resource is subjective. So why should these people decide what is considered an esl resource. over fifty teachers thought my resources were useful for teaching esl. Two "moderators" didnt

7 May 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

For crying out loud. I for one am getting tired of people complaining on the forum. TWO people might have left a comment but in reality many would have voted. ANYONE not just a moderator had reported it. In the reporting page there are CLEAR examples of what Victor has decided should stay or go. The moderators look at these and then decide. It takes a lot of time to look and check carefully before voting yes or no. You need to read some of Victors responses to threads I feel about what he wants on this site.

I don �t know what resources you are talking about as I have been too busy to check out the reported printables the last few days.
BUT
Did you have a clear ENGLISH learning activity/description in the description section?
Did your pictures have any English on them or clear written instructions for using them to promote english language.
Were your flashcards part of a set or were they one picture at a time- did you include a description that they were a set and what they were to be used for in your description.

Your words are very offensive. Hundreds of people all over the world look at reported printables.
So  my question to you is why do you think they were deleted? What needs to be added to them so that they could be uploaded again within the guidelines?

7 May 2009     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

I have just uploaded it again. please look at it and tell me honestly that no one can use this:

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=227496#thetop

You decide....... If everyone agrees I will happily delete it.... I spent a lot of time on this and was  really happy that it was one of my most popular uploads. It was on this site for many months and got many positive comments......

7 May 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I think this is a great resouces as I love illusions.  I think a link to the site where you collected the pictures would be appreciated by a lot of people.

I am not sure if you added the text or not??  If you just cut and paste it all from the internet - then it does not meet the rules of this website.

I think you could turn this into a really fantastic esl printable.

Why not add learning intention and lesson plan so that people will know how to use it.  Upload it under lesson plans - and there would be no problems.

Many people are not sure how to use resources.  What seems simple to some - is a very big jump for others to make.  If you share how you implemented this lesson - then it would create a wonderful resource that would be valuable to many many people.

On the topic of your insults. 
1) moderators don �t choose the resouces we look at.  The community does this by reporting worksheets.  I don �t know who reported your worksheet - it could have been anyone who belongs to this community - even if they have no points.

2) rediculous name calling is never called for. 

3) I think you should apologise to the moderators who give their time freely - with little or no thanks from people to help keep this website so fantastic.  Insulting them is quite laughable and rediculous.  Basically you are saying this:

You horrible people who created wonderful resouces to share with everyone.  Now you nasty terrible people are donating your time to help Victor out - and ensure this website is fantastic.  How could you!?

See how silly it looks when you insult a moderator?

7 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

Dear caminjapan - What �s your probem??????

It �s a nice page., but that �s it.  You show it to the kids for 1/2 a minute and they say "oh. ah. interesting"  and you are done.  
Just add a writing or speaking exercise to it so it will kill some more time in a lesson and everyone will happy to let you keep it. 

Calling someone a Nazi is probably the worse thing you could say to someone.  I truly believe what goes around comes around.  Be careful who you "curse".

7 May 2009     

borna
Croatia

To reply on your comments:
First of all, please don �t use the word Nazi, it �s completely unnecessary, no matter how frustrated you are. You might even be right, but such name calling will get you nowhere, and it will certainly not get you the respect you are obviously craving for. You just got a lot of negative attention. I �ve looked up your worksheets, and they are all fine, you �re doing a great job, so don �t ruin everything just because ONE ws was not accepted as you expected.
I should not have used the term ESL Nazis as it has obviously detracted from my argument. Just in case you didnt know, the root of the word moderator is moderate. The moderators are clearly not moderate and are clearly targeting certain members. Obviously the word Nazi is a clear definition of the opposite of moderate.
It is really silly to think that moderators are targeting a certain members!!!! What for? Why would we�do that? We don �t know each other personally, so what could I have against you or anyone else here?

I have already found thousands of worksheets less legitimate than the ones I have had deleted. So why are certain members being targeted by this group of a couple of people. As i said over 30 people downloaded one and 20 the other one. If it was a ESL resource No one would Download it.
I agree with you. This site is getting too crowded, so there must be a way to keep only the good, valuable worksheets here. I myself have deleted some of my worksheets that got only 2 or 3 points, but were well accepted in my classroom. No hard feelings!

As you said an Esl resource is subjective. So why should these people decide what is considered an esl resource. over fifty teachers thought my resources were useful for teaching esl. Two "moderators" didnt

You should just accept it and work on the suggestions given by other members. And CHEER UP!
Sasa

7 May 2009     

1    2    3    Next >