Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Getting totally confused!    

Getting totally confused!

Abdelhadi
Morocco

Getting totally confused!

Hello everybody!

Could anyone please help me know if there is  anything wrong with my worksheets? I �ve uploaded 3 ws since Monday but no one has downloaded any. I �m not a premium member so I don �t know if my ws are there among the free downloadable ones or not.

What I would like to know is whether there is anything wrong with my ws or there is a problem with the system here.

P.S the 10 and 8 points belong to two old ws that I updated this week.

Thanx

Abdelhadi

7 May 2009      

mena22
Portugal

I can only see a worksheet with body parts besides the other two you mentioned.  I have no idea what happened. The only thing I can think of is that the two worksheets were reported for some reason (you may have taken them from a site, they may not be an ESL resource, in a word, they may not abide by the rules). I I �m not sure if you read the rules. You can only upload your contributions. For example, the worksheet on body parts I have seen it recently in the reported contributions. I don �t think you did it yourself, did you? Just asking.

Have a nice day,
mena

7 May 2009     

jecika
Serbia

Updated worksheets don �t appear among recent contributions
Hope this helps

7 May 2009     

anygirl
China

hi, last week I uploded couple of worksheets which I did myself, but got no points,whatever, something is  wrong with the system

7 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi anygirl. If no one downloads our worksheets we receive no points. There is nothing wrong with the system. Each download = 1 point.

Hope you have a nice day. Looking forward to seeing your next contributions. Don �t give up please.

mena

7 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

mena22 said: "The only thing I can think of is that the two worksheets were reported for some reason (you may have taken them from a site, they may not be an ESL resource, in a word, they may not abide by the rules). "

How come that the two worksheets were reported? I made them myself and I dare if anybody in the world say ther are theirs. You check them yourself. I think you are professional and you can easily know if they are taken from anyother place. 

mena22 said: "the worksheet on body parts I have seen it recently in the reported contributions. I don�t think you did it yourself, did you? Just asking."

If you read the review of the ws, you �ll notice that I mentioned that I took this card from a website, but then I modified it twice to fit the activity. Is this something unallowed here?

Thanx for your comment

7 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

jecika said: "Updated worksheets don�t appear among recent contributions"

What does this mean? Does it mean that I shouldn �t update my ws and it better if I upload them again?

But I think if I do, they would say that I �m doing something illegal here .. I don �t know

7 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Please Abdelhadi, don �t make a conclusion from what I said... If you had uploaded two worksheets since Monday, today is Thursday and your worksheets disappeared from your page, I said

"The only thing I can think of is that the two worksheets were reported for some reason (you may have taken them from a site, they may not be an ESL resource, in a word, they may not abide by the rules)."

The fact is that I have never heard of any other possibility for a worksheet to disappear from our page. Either we ourselves deleted it, or the system did it. When does it do it? When after a month a worksheet has 0 downloads, which is not the case, or when a worksheet is reported.

I just want to make clear that I have not a crystal ball and those were just the possibilities, the plausible, logic possibilities I could think to justify the fact that your worksheets disappeared.

Have a nice day.
mena 

7 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Oh dear, my misunderstanding! thanks jecika!! Forget all I said Abdelhadi! You have updated your worksheets. That �s the problem. Your worksheets do not appear in today �s contribution. Sorry. When we update a worksheet they do not appear again in today �s contribution. That �s the rule. Can you imagine the thousands of worksheets that would be in today �s contribution if that happened?

Take care.
mena

7 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

mena22 Yes I see. There would be thousands of them and everybody then would be gaining more and more points and this may affect the creativity of people here. Anyway, I think I did a mistake by updating them, but is there any way out now?

Hope you find me one Big smile

Thanx in advance

Abdelhadi

7 May 2009