Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > CLIPARTS    

CLIPARTS

borna
Croatia

CLIPARTS

Hello everybody,

I usually don �t vote for or againts wss in the abuse reports but I couldn �t help myself this morning, there are so many clipart pages!
Look at this one, the pictures are fantastic,

and it is really a shame that the author didn �t put some activities with it, for example, match the words with pictures or something like that - it wouldn �t take too much time, but it would make it as ESL resource that I would definately download.
Don �t you agree?

Sasa

9 May 2009      

eng789
Israel

Sasa, I agree with you  - unless it was used for an oral quiz -
Number the items in the order you hear them.

But of course it should say that that is what it is used for.

9 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Beautiful quality pictures are not that easy to find for free. It �s really a pity that member did not make a pictionary of it or, as Barbara suggested, a matching exercise. It would have taken him/her only five minutes. This is one of the cases in which I wouldn �t have reported the worksheet. Instead, I would have private messaged the member.

Wish you all a nice day.  Smile
mena

9 May 2009     

borna
Croatia

Mena, I didn �t reported it, I just commented on it for everybody who makes such worksheets, it �s a pity these pictures will be wasted as this ws will obviously be deleted.
I appologize to those who might have been offended by my comments on their worksheets but just look at today �s abuse reports - full of wss with just pictures!

Sasa

9 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Sasa! I never thought you did. I haven �t voted yet though. I �ve seen so many posters that are accepted and I don �t think there �s a difference between this set of accessories and them. And the user says they can be used as flashcards. So, I �m not really sure. Posters and flashcards are part of ESL resources.

Hugs,  Hug
mena

9 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

Posters and flashcards are ESL resources if they come with a specific esl activity like - write the words, describe what you see ,  tell/ write about what each item is used for,  make a chart that says mom, dad, me and put the items under - who uses them,    what colors do you see - write them down.  catagorize the items - cheap or expensive useful or for decoration. ----- I could go on.  

9 May 2009     

borna
Croatia

You are right Mena, I was thinking today that maybe we could have a space in the site specially for clipart collections, but then it wouldn �t be fair, would it? Someone spend hours making wss, and someone gets points for pictures that we can all download from the net.
Not everybody can make a great worksheet, and the members that have posted those cliparts or colouring pages could have taken some time to write a few instructions or make up some exercises to do with them.
As for reporting goes, nobody likes to report or be reported, but I was really astonished today at the abuse reports that I check every day but never comment. How do you know who made a worksheet, the name of the author is not written there?

Sasa

9 May 2009     

abba
Spain

They are very nice pictures. I �m not going to make any comments on the theme you are dealing with but could you tell me where do you get such nice pictures? They are reallu attarctive and funny, I always get mad looking for some pictures to make my ws. Thaks in advance.

9 May 2009     

kristglo
France

Hi everybody,
I am quite new here as well, but couldn �t we have a space, if not for the downloading, but just to gather all the clipart and pictures related web sites and addresses each of us can find interesting? Couldn �t it solve the problem of the points?
By the way thanks very much to Aftab who make a great work collecting addresses.

9 Jun 2009