Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Software    

Software

sanchan
Spain

Software

hi there!

I�ve been surfing the net and I�ve seen many schools that use some specific software to teach their students such as the Ellis software.

Do you guys use it? Do you think it�s effective? I �m wondering if we should use something like that or change our method here... well we actually don �t have one... we just use different methods since not all of our students learn the same way or have the same skills.

any ideas?

thank you in advance : )

14 May 2009      

arlissa
United States

We use Rosetta Stone software in our classroom for 30 minutes (of the 3 hour class) each day. The students love it! It accommodates audio, visual, and kinesthetic learning styles by incorporating listening, reading, pictures, and typing all into one software. If the set-up is right in your classroom the students can also practice their speaking. Rosetta Stone software has a component that can evaluate the students speaking ability (amazing!).

I really like it, and the students like it - I recommend Rosetta Stone. :)

14 May 2009     

sanchan
Spain

ah that sounds great!thanks for your answer!

I was thinking about tell me more... not sure though, have you guys ever heard of it?

Rosetta Stone software sounds cool too, i gotta try it. I �ll let you know :D

thanks again!

14 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

The CIA in America uses Rosetta Stone to help their operatives learn a foreign language fast. It IS excellent.  A company I worked for uses it to teach Ss Spanish and French.

14 May 2009     

freddie
Canada

We used Tell Me More a few years ago and though it was useful for vocabulary learning, the students got bored wiith it ver quickly. Another program that has had some sucess in schools is DynEd, you may want to look at that.

14 May 2009     

sanchan
Spain

thank you all!
i will check info on all these sw progs. and see if any of them is worth.
thanks again for the answers,
san :)

14 May 2009