Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > PREMIUN MEMBERS with just 30 points and don īt work anymore while others do ? THIS IS NOT FAIR    

PREMIUN MEMBERS with just 30 points and don īt work anymore while others do ? THIS IS NOT FAIR

curk
Spain

PREMIUN MEMBERS with just 30 points and don īt work anymore while others do ? THIS IS NOT FAIR

As I consider it really important I have copied  it hereso that everyone can see it and give an opinion .

I can see every day that many BUT MANY people just wait to download the 30 printables they are allowed to download, and they don īt contribute with any worksheet. I think this is not fair and I propse Victor a change in the way people download worksheets. I think that only a few people  work and try to make good worksheets while the rest as they are premiun users don īt worry anything.

If Victor changed the way we can download printables, things would change for better. Tha īs my opinion and I think the people like me that we make an effort to do good worksheets would agree with it.

I suggested that people should become premiun users not only with just twenty or thirty points but with one thousand points or even more , and that way would be the only possible way people would make an efort and work better.

This is something  I have been trying to tell Victor but he hasn īt answered me back yet.

I hope many of you who do what I have explained above think it over and act in a different way because I think we all take advantage od this great web.

a big hug

Curk

14 May 2009      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi Curk,

I disagree.  I rarely upload items anymore and those I do upload do not appeal to many people as they are more focussed at english speakers than esl children. 

I still use this website to get teaching ideas, resources for the few esl kids in my classroom, and because I love the community.

Even though I am not posting many creations - I still contribute to the community in other ways.

My previous work is continued to be downloaded by people on occasion.  I know this because they generally post comments when they download.

I answer peoples questions on the forum and help them out in this way.

I continue to post bookmarks when I come across them - to provide better links for the community.

I also moderate worksheets a couple of times per week to keep the server from being inundated with blank and stolen material.

I also post teaching ideas straight to the forum in response to peoples work.

Does this mean I am freeloading off my old contributions?

The website has so many wonderful contributions each day - that it is easy to spend your 30 points. 

Many long term members produce only the occasional extremely high quality printable.  This type of printable is more valuable to the community than some sort of mass produced once a week contribution that people do to keep membership up - rather than in response to students needs.

I like the system how it is.  But respect your right to have a different view.
Vickiii

14 May 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

that sounds sensible, but I īm not sure it will work...maybe not a thousand but 500 points. It requires much effort to get 500 points and people will be motivated to create interesting and useful WSs so that they can gain a magical 500 as soon as poss. Also we should not forget that teachers are busy people and not everybody can spend time creating WS to gain 500 points or more to become a premium user. For example, it took me a month to get 500 poins because I simply had no free time. So, if there is a rule to get 500 points or more to become a premium user, some people may become frustrated or will just give in..Anyway the whole idea sounds good to me but it requires a lot of consideration and weighing pros and cons.  

14 May 2009     

ignis.fatuus
Poland

i agree with you kkcat! i create my worksheets whenever i have time and i don īt do it to please anyone! as a busy teacher and student i īve made several worksheets and i don īt think that i īm less credible member than people who have 11000 points! i simply don īt have time and don īt spend my entire time creating worksheets just to collect points and become the most creative, involved and loved by everyone esl member. that īs not the point, not for me...

14 May 2009     

curk
Spain

I agree with you . There are many other  people who contribute in a different way as you say, and I appreciate the great work you are doing, really, But  I meant Those peope who just live from others. And that īs what I mean.
I LOVE THIS SITE not only because  i can download  free worksheets but also because I can learn many other things , ask for advice or share things we all have in common.

I didn īt mean to offend anyone , just make people who hardly evercontribute think over it
THAT īs alll.

bye

14 May 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

plus what will happen to all people who have 100 to more points up to 1000 (if according to a new rule one must have more than 1000 to become a premium member)? Will they lose their premium status? It īs definately not good and will upset maaaany people. So, probably it will be better to leave things as they are now.
to Curk: your idea is not offensive at all ! Please, donÂīt worry about it. Maybe it will make some people think and motivate them to create new things (when they have time, of course)

14 May 2009     

sylvievidal2002
France

Hi everyone,

To tell you the truth if I need 500 points to be able to download a couple of worksheets a day (  what I usually do ) I won īt bother uploading worksheets for advanced level but I will make beautiful colored clipart worksheets to get the  points in a few days ;lots of teachers will download them because most of you seem to be teaching at elementary schools and I īm always amazed by the amount of points a copy and paste internet picture can get.

Sylvie

14 May 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

You need to be careful with how this might come across... I feel a bit offended as you don īt know me or my working situation at present...my personal teaching situation at the moment is that I am working with groups with little to no english and NO ACCESS to a printer, photocopier, books etc... (I have also not been paid so far this year so paying for resources out of my own pocket is out of the question- my first pay will be the end of this month!!!!) The other groups I have, working for a different employer we are using set texts... And I also teach online (Cambridge Prep courses and we use course books- again NO PAY until I finish that course in JULY!!!!! 20 weeks waiting for pay for that one!!!) Everyone īs teaching situation is different.. I wish I had full time work and lots of classes and resources but my work is irregular for 3 different employers with an extreme range of students...
For those reasons my contributions have been very minimal because I don īt create worksheets for this site... anything I create is for my current students and needs to be useful for me and my class.
But I am the same as Vickiii in that I come here for way more than whatever worksheets are here... I use very little worksheets on a week to week basis, preferring active learning tasks.... I come here for the great community, advice, support and a good laugh with my fellow teaching friends here.... I think it is unfair to say that a lot of people do not contribute after they reach 30.... I mean you would have no actual statistics, nor numbers to prove this. A lot of people do not leave messages so you do not know who is downloading your work... maybe the people downloading are contributing? It just seems like quite an inflammatory thing to say really without any facts or figures....
I īm off to bed now... it has been a long hard day.Unhappy

14 May 2009     

ELMO.
Spain

I disagree, they are Victor rules and we should respect him. Moreover, this would happen later or sooner when everybody got one thousand points..  well, it is my opinion

14 May 2009     

Zora
Canada

I think if we raise the point level people will become discouraged and leave. It is very easy to say that we should do something like that when you already have the points needed... (and I don īt mean to offend anyone, I am just saying this as a general thing.)

Also, please think logically... if everyone of us that is active on the site contributed 1 or 2 worksheets a week, do you know how many there would be??? It would be crazy and I, for one, would stop downloading free stuff altogether because it would be way too much...I would get overwhelmed by the sheer immensity of it all.

It would be like being in a candy store and having whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted. It sounds great but after a while, you would say no to that gumball...

I think the system is great as it is. People who like to contribute, will keep on doing so and quite truthfully, I don īt feel hard done by that others download but don īt contribute... that īs there prerogative and like cheezels and vickii pointed out - other things are just as important as "uploading worksheet".

14 May 2009     

yolprica
Spain

I completly agree with you Zora, it īs the most sensible opinion from my point of view.

14 May 2009     

1    2    3    Next >