Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Using reading tasks from English textbooks ...    

Using reading tasks from English textbooks ...

mena22
Portugal

Using reading tasks from English textbooks ...

We are all teachers, so we all have a university degree and know that we cannot use  a text without giving the source. We may not give it occasionally if we don �t remember it, but that is the exception, not the rule.

A few months ago, 2 maybe, I talked about this on the forum and I privatemessaged some members asking them to give the sources of their texts whenever they uploaded a reading worksheet. Very few did so. The reasons vary, but there is one which has become obvious to me as I go through some  worksheets and realize that I have already seen the reading tasks before - the source is often not given simply because the exercises that go with the text are also taken from the textbook.

I know some of us have lots of worksheets and it is therfore impossible to go through them  in a day or two. I myself am checking my readings to see if I was able to keep away from the original to consider it my own work, but it �ll take me some more days to check them all. So I understand that we cannot change things from day to night. But it is also my understanding that we must do something to change things that are wrong, as is the case.

Please, let �s check/ recheck our work and see if we have given the correct sources, if we have  managed to make that piece of work really ours  so that we can call it our own contribution.

Wish you all a wonderful weekend.
mena

16 May 2009      

Nebal
Lebanon

Good afternoon dearest mena,
you �re speaking words of wisdom. Well, I haven �t supplied all my reading selections with sources. I should check them again !!! But, as u said that can �t be done in one single day. It might take time.
Thanks for being that alert. I do really appreciate it.
I hope all the members here take the fiirst step .
Hugs and kisses,
Nebal
Good weekend

16 May 2009     

Rosario Pacheco
Portugal

Hi Mena and Nebal!
I started doing it two days ago in my free time(which is not much) but it is going to take some time. I`m having some difficulty in finding the source of some texts but I`m not giving up. I just need time to do it.
Have a nice weekend!
Ros�rio

16 May 2009