Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Reporting FC    

Reporting FC

Akanah
Spain

Reporting FC

I have read something in the reporting section: "

single flashcard. You should upload at least 4 in one file to make set.

I �ve seen Victor �s example of a single apple with no words, and Victor says: "Remove unles it �s part of a set" Unless

So, my question is, is there a list of rules i can �t find? or, are members just inventing rules? The apple example is clear, it doesn �t say the set = a single WS. So, why people keep reporting these FCs? I know it �s a matter of space, ok, buy we should send PM to tell the owner about this. Reporting the FC is not the solition.

Olga

17 May 2009      

missveronica
Argentina

I think it means if it is a set of flashcards WITHIN the same upload. Meaning 3 or 4 in one file altogether

:)

17 May 2009     

Akanah
Spain

But that �s not clear enough. I know it �s a matter of space but some people don �t know about it. So, shouldn �t we tell them instead of reporting? I think it �s not fair :S

17 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi! I wasn �t able to find victor �s words now,  but I found Silke �s post  (April 13th)  which clarifies the issue being discussed http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=6808&page=2

As Victor has stated many times before, this site is not a collection of clipart and flashcards... And has anybody read what Victor wrote today???

"As I said before, A single flashcard would not be acceptable, but a set of flashcards (in a single document or a series of documents) would be OK.  We all understand that flashcards are esl resources. Don �t we?"

And here is another thing he wrote earlier on today:

"But if someone makes a worksheet like this:
Probably the cow wasn �t drawn by the user, so... I would say that the user is contributing nothing of his/her own work. If other users download this worksheet it would be because they like the cow. Should the user get points for a picture that he/she didn �t draw?
Moreover, it is a matter of space. We have limited gigabites, and we should reserve them for original ESL resources, not pictures that we could find in other websites. If we find a wonderful picture, we can share the link instead of making a worksheet with that picture.
It is different if you make a set of flashcards. In that case, you have to spend time looking for free pictures with the same "style" and topic. That is a personal work, and that is what we share here."

17 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

http://www.eslprintables.com/send_printables/beforesend.htm

17 May 2009     

Akanah
Spain

as I said, I can understand the space prob, of course i do! but, instead of reporting, shouldn �t we send a pm to the owner? Give him the oppotunity to change it?
 Or maybe there should be a list of rules. I don �t read the forum every day so I miss some of Victor �s comments. Like this one sent by mena22. I �ve never seen it :S
 Couldn �t these rules be included in the FAQ?

17 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

But the rule has been made. When you upload a worksheet you can read below the apple card:

"Single flashcards are not allowed, but you can send a SET of flashcards (at least 4)". I guess victor just hasn �t had time yet to update the FAQ.

Hugs,
mena

P.S. I like your idea of privatemessaging instead of reporting the worksheets immediately. I myself do so most of the time, but we cannot make a rule of it, I´m afraid.

17 May 2009     

Akanah
Spain

http://www.eslprintables.com/send_printables/beforesend.htm

I �ve never seen this before :S
I send my WSS using the toolbar and this doesn �t appear :S Maybe there are more people who don �t know it.
I only see the apple example in the reporting page and there I can �t see the "at least 4"
Well, now i know it. Thxs
Night everybody :) Bed time :=)

17 May 2009     

Anto29
Argentina

Sorry to all of you!!! Because of my mistake there has been a lot of debate about this topic and it was not my intention to cause any trouble among the members of this site. So, please forgive me.
Good night!!!

17 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

You have nothing to apologise for Anto! We always learn something from our discussions. Have a good night.
mena

17 May 2009