Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Deleting Worksheets    

Deleting Worksheets

ShirleyJ
United Kingdom

Deleting Worksheets

Hi

I �ve just deleted 4 separate WSs that I had posted as I have just managed to compress the images and put all 4 pages into the one file (better for anyone downloading, to only have to use up 1 point!!)

But, having done this I now notice that the points that I had accumulated for the 4 separate WSs have been deleted from my account. 

Can anyone tell me why this is?  After all, if we get a point for each time someone downloads our WS, what difference does it make if the owner deletes the WS afterwards?  and secondly, I have amalgamated the 4 files thus using less space and making the WSs more accessible, but have been penalised for doing so...

Seems unfair to me.. can anyone help me with an explanation??

Many thanks

22 May 2009      

Zora
Canada

Hello Shirley,

Basically the reason is this:

It stops the cheaters from accumulating points unfairly.

If the people that uploaded stolen stuff, erased it after getting enough points so that they can download things, this whole problem of copying and stealing would even be more of a nightmare than it already is...

22 May 2009     

missundaztood_74
Spain

yeip zora is right, but there is a message warning when you are about to delete your work, let �s hope you get much more points with the compilation :) 

22 May 2009     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

hi Shirley! I�m sorry to hear that you �ve lost your points.
as Zora and Missundaztood have said if you delete a ws you lose the points as well.

here you you can see the warning that appears before deleting a ws.

This printable will give you 70 points tomorrow. If you delete it, you will not get them.

Are you sure you want to delete this printable?

YES                       NO

23 May 2009     

ShirleyJ
United Kingdom

You �re all right, I did see the warning sign.. but thought (wrongly) that this was new points being added the next day, not point that were already accumulated on my account....

I understand the reasoning about the stolen worksheets.. do people actually do that???

Thanks for answering so quick... I went to bed and went I woke up I had three replies!!
Amazing - ha

Great website and great job by the way... S x

23 May 2009