Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Interactive whiteboards!    

Interactive whiteboards!

don�t know how to CANCEL this account
Belgium

Interactive whiteboards!

Hello Teachers!
                        Some time ago I found out about this wonderful tool (IWB) but when I tried to see if I could buy it,  I was told by a sales representative from Macmillan that they are not available in Argentina this year, and that it �s being tested in europe only! ......... So I wanted to know if there is any way to get this software on the internet.

Thank you!..

30 May 2009      

roneydirt
United States

I don �t know if it is the same board you are talking about but we have one here in Korea.  It is interesting to have something so new while I am still creating lessons on a computer at school that is 15 years old.  Now if it is the same I would wait and let them get it working correctly.  The side board touch area has not worked at all, and as of this week after only using it for a month and half it is not working in the touch screen part.  The manufactor representative was the one that set it up.  Couple of the other schools here have had the same issue.

30 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I have an interactive white board in my classroom and some schools in my region are getting the equipment too.
I don �t know how you could use the software if you don �t have the whiteboard that goes with it. You would only be able to create your lessons without really being able to use them.

I have found the IWB really useful in my classroom. However, it is a tool like many other tools we use as educators.

30 May 2009     

Belgium

At schools here we have the projectors that can be conected to the laptop and also whiteboards fixed to the wall. I often project power points there. Maybe I missunderstood all that is needed to use this software but I thought that I only needed this program to be able to use it. That is why I wanted to see If I could get it on internet. I saw in Oxford �s website some activities which are designed to go with a course book I �m using.

30 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

JudithMar, when I use my whiteboard, I have to hook up both the projector and the  whiteboard to my computer. Otherwise, the whiteboard has the same use as a white screen that you roll down when you want to project something.
Only when my board is hooked up to my computer, I can use a "pen" that acts as a mouse and a pen.
I have not looked much on youtube but you can see one in action here:

30 May 2009     

oregon91
Argentina

Hi Judithmar: I live in comodoro Rivadavia, Chubut. I bought an interactive whiteboard two years ago in Buenos Aires in an office in Puerto madero. It really changes your classes. This year I bought the digital software of English Adventure which is the book I am using and it works wonderfully. The one I have is an Smartboard.

Two months ago I went to Buenos Aires and I went to the Pearson offices where I was presented the English Adventure software. They are using another one which is Promethean.

PM me I will send you the address of the office where I got the whiteboard and the one where the people from Pearson got theirs.

Regards,

Fernanda

30 May 2009     

Belgium

Hi!!! I live in RAWson!!!
Well, I don �t know why this person from Macmillan told me it was basically impossible to get it!! I thought It was alittle weird! Shame I can �t go to Buenos Aires now. But I �d love to get it! Of course it �s another tool.. but it would be lovely to have it to use it at least to change the routine of the class for 15 or 20 �.
I �ll send you a pm!
thanks!

30 May 2009     

oregon91
Argentina

I have just sent you a PM. check your inbox. You live in Rawson, we live close to each other. 400 km in Argentina is not much. ja ja ja

I will send you the addresses tomorrow.

Fernanda

30 May 2009     

Belgium

YEs!.. For Argentinian people this means!.. Just round the corner! ja  ja
Thank you!

30 May 2009     

handstand
Venezuela

Here �s a link on how to make a game board.

30 May 2009     

Koenigin der Nacht
Cyprus

Yes, I agree with JudithMar.  It would be very useful to get my hands into this kind of software.  I know that it �s not really useful without a whiteboard but it would be very useful if you want to familiarize yourself with its use.  We have a couple of Promethean whiteboards in my school but unless I have the software installed in my computer, I don �t think that I can just take my class in there and start experimenting.  I need to know everything beforehand and be familiar with it, as well.

I have looked for this kind of software in many warez forums but, unfortunately, I haven �t been able to find something yet and it is really expensive to buy.  If somebody has something that s/he could share, I �m sure a lot of people here would be really happy, including myself.

30 May 2009     

1    2    Next >