Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > REMOVING MY POST    

REMOVING MY POST

borna
Croatia

REMOVING MY POST

Dear Mena,dear freinds

sorry for unintentional advertising, it won´t happen again!!!

37.gif

Sasa

30 May 2009      

borna
Croatia

Dear Mena,

I �m certainly not advertising, I have enough points, and I did offer to e-mail my work to anyone, so please don �t take this the wrong way. I �m just informing the members of my intentions and actions, as I myself like to be informed. Sometimes I miss wonderful worksheets and then I see on the forum someone "advertising" it, and I wonder why did I not see it myself in the recent contributions section? It happens.
A while ago I decided to delete some of my worksheets as well, and I informed the members, and many have responed and answered that informing was a good idea, since they �re old worksheets and many have not seen them, since I uploaded them a year ago. So, dear Mena, I �m sure YOUR intentions are right, but you don �t have to comment on everything, if this has nothing to do with you.

Have a nice weekend,

Sasa

P.S. If I was after points, would I be deleting worksheets? Think again before accusing someone of something.

30 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

I �m sorry, Borna, but I have to comment on everything I believe I must comment on, and this is definitely one of those cases, because whatever your reasons are, and I did not speculate on them, the point is that you are still advertising your worksheets and that is not a correct attitude in my opinion, which I am free to state, and you are free to disagree.

Have a good day.
mena

P.S. Sorry, I removed the previous post instead of the two versions of this one which I have no idea why appeared on the forum

30 May 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I agree with Borna here. If she is taking down some worksheets that won �t be available and someone out there just might need them - then I think that �s ok because when she takes them down - she will lost points.
This is a special situation - and I think we should flexible once in a while.

L

30 May 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Dear Borna...I feel obliged to agree with Mena �s opinion on this advertising matter. �It IS advertising your own wss no matter what reasons that you may give to justify it. �All Mena was trying to do was to make us aware of �the rules (which we can all need remnding of at times). Me included. Smile�If everyone places �posts in the forum advertising their own work (no matter how good it may be) the message board will become clogged up (wasted server space as you correctly said). Also I believe that Mena HAS every right to comment on this matter. �It HAS something to do with her and with everybody else in this forum. Sorry for being so serious about this but I really think that Mena should be commended rather than "shot down" for airing her views on this.
Caroline.

Have a good day.

30 May 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

In my humble opinion, I believe (like LibertyBelle) that if Borne will eventually erase her worksheets then she is not advertising...
Please, let �s not make every single topic that appears at the forum such a big fuzz!
Happy weekend!
Cyn

30 May 2009     

allakoalla
Latvia

I do not want to take any side, although I rather agree with Mena. Just curiosity. If many people see the wss that are to be deleted and they download them, they will not have only 1 or 2 points, but far more. Is it reasonable to delete a ws that gives let � s say 15 points?
No offence. Just curious.
Have a nice day

30 May 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Dear Cyn...there need be no fuss at all if everybody adheres to the rules. There are thousands of wss on this site and if I want one I can search for it. �If I fail to find it or if I have not got the time to search, then I can place a post asking for something in particular. If then that someone has a suitable ws �they can PM me. I still think that Mena was only stating what she truly believed in and I for one happen to agree with her. �
have a good day,
Caroline.

30 May 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Dear Caroline,
Everybody is free to have their opinion. I �m just a little tired of seeing threads in the forum of the same topics over and over again: advertising, stolen material, reported worksheets. What is funny is that and now here I am participating in one of them... LOL
I meant no offense, I just disagreed with the fact that Borna was advertising. That �s all.
See you around!
Cyn

30 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Thank you Caroline for being objective and democratic Wink. I understand, however, it will be very difficult for you to make a fair judgement  because Borna �s comment has been changed and my first comment deleted by mistake. Before, there was at least another worksheet pointed out by Borna,  a set of recipe cards  which have been removed and will appear on tomorrow �s contributions. This set of cards was copied and pasted on the forum. So, in my opinion I believe that is advertising. 

Have a nice day.
mena

30 May 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

I agree with Caroline and Mena. All of us have worksheets with few points and sometimes we delete them but we cannot advertise all of them because there would be thousands of messages here advertising worksheets. Maybe, those who want to delete a worksheet many delete ip and upload it again and if it continues to be downloaded by few people, then, he/she can know if it is of interest to others and decide what to do with it.

Silvia

30 May 2009     

1    2    Next >