Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > WHICH FONTS DON īT CHANGE?    

WHICH FONTS DON īT CHANGE?

Fabiola Salinas
Argentina

WHICH FONTS DON īT CHANGE?

Hi, everyone! I wonder if anyone can give me some advice on which fonts don not change when we upload material! The thing is that I see many great things with appealing fonts , which I guess have not changed from the ones you īve chosen. Many times I prepare material which I have to reshape in order to look tidy as the fonts change completely. Are there any fonts which are OK? Hope sb has sth to share with me... XX Fabiola 

2 Jun 2009      

Miss_Alel�
Argentina

Hi Fabi, we have already discussed this topic and someone helped me alot when I had the same problem you are experiencing...

Logos
Malaysia

If you go to Microsoft Word, choose Tools Options Save and look for the box that says Embed True Type Fonts.  Check this box.

This disadvantage with doing this is if your document is already quite large, it may be made a little larger by embedding the fonts.  You can check the option īDo not embed common system fonts� as these will be covered by most systems.
I hope this helps you aswell...
Chauuuu!!

2 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

One word of caution... embedding fonts in a word document does depend on a few things (like the type of font used). It may also significantly increase the size of your document.

This article has a discussion about embedding fonts & a bit of useful info.
http://word.tips.net/Pages/T001611_Embedding_Fonts_In_a_Document.html

The article is worth reading & provides some great tips. You will find out that there are a few other things that determine whether or not a ītrue type � (or any other font, for that matter) can be embedded in a Word document.

If you īre not sure, just stick to the common fonts - Arial, Times New Roman, Comic Sans MS, etc.

Cheers,
AB

2 Jun 2009     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

One thing I do, especially with titles and things like that....is that i create the title with the font i choose, i give it color, size, shape, etc of my choice....and once it is exactly as i like....i copy it in paint....and in that way it becomes a picture....so this will definitely not change when you upload the wk!!!

I hope this helps....

BTW....I didn īt know about the embed fonts!!!! GOOD TO KNOW!!!!

Cheers from Santa Fe, Argentina

Aldana

2 Jun 2009     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

One thing I do, especially with titles and things like that....is that i create the title with the font i choose, i give it color, size, shape, etc of my choice....and once it is exactly as i like....i copy it in paint....and in that way it becomes a picture....so this will definitely not change when you upload the wk!!!

I hope this helps....

BTW....I didn īt know about the embed fonts!!!! GOOD TO KNOW!!!!

Cheers from Santa Fe, Argentina

Aldana

2 Jun 2009     

Miss_Alel�
Argentina

Good Idea Aldana! You can also press the "print page button" in your keyboard and an image of your screen will be added to the clipcollection(porta papeles), just click on pastle and the picture will appear. Then, all you have to do is use the cutting tool (which is in the drawing bar in word) (not the scissor icon but one which is similar to a frame) to cut out the parts you don īt  need... If you want you can send me a PM and I īll explain it in spanish...

Keep it up!!

2 Jun 2009