Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > I need your help...    

I need your help...

tanya costa
Portugal

I need your help...

I am going to start teaching a new course of about 50h of tourism(lingua inglesa-informa��o). I don �t have worksheets related to the topic and since it is my first time doing this i am really confused, i don �t know what i shoud teach...can you help me???

Thanks

3 Jun 2009      

Isabelucha
Portugal

Errr... do you have any idea about the themes, topics you �ll develop?

3 Jun 2009     

tanya costa
Portugal

I have to develop topics like: tourist itineraries/Making decisions/Negociation/Vouchers...

3 Jun 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

You can design ws focused on tourist vocabulary or actions that tourists do. Also you can develop the funtion on expressing opinions, agreeing or disagreeing. Besides, you can develop the topic about hotels, types of hotel, useful words and expressions related to hotel.

3 Jun 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

You can also make them to write post cards pretending they are goint to send them to their relatives: Make them to write to their relatives about weather, people, foof and so on

3 Jun 2009     

maria martins
Portugal

Hi, Look for worksheets on the Topic Business (right side, left of the screen)

Good Luck?

4 Jun 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Tanya
Hope I can help a little.
You need to make a curriculum on the subject, like this is: you mentioned one topic " tourist itineraries ". I think you have to draw

* a vocabulary area - all ( ? ) words related to the topic ( monuments, public places, shopping, hotels/ accommodation,  facilities ...... ) ,

* language functions related , for instance: asking the way, describing places, shopping, booking hotels, phone conversations, advising, asking/answering about means of transport ....  .

* Grammar structures -
Where is ...?
Can you tell me the way... ?
go as far ... straight ahead .........

How much...?
Have you got this ... in black , a shorter number...
Where can I find this or that kind of stuff ?
Excuse, I have a double room ...
Have you got a voucher?

Well, things like these; it depends on what you need, in fact; then, you must start looking for each topic , in particular.

It is a very hard and a long way to go, and, most of of all, very time consuming.
Hope you find my post somehow useful, if you need anything else, let me know.
good luck.

4 Jun 2009