Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Help!!!    

Help!!!

mylena87
Brazil

Help!!!

Good evening my friends!!!

I really need ur help, cuz i`ve just got a huge challenge...
I hv to teach a group of students who work in a mall n it has to be classes related with their work.
mostly about , asking and giving commom informations, giving directions around the mall, weather, places to visit around the city, sightseeing and a notion of how to receive complainments and suggestions in English.
The problem is that it`s gonna be a 60 hours course and i have no material.
So, i have two questions for you. The first one is if u think that 60 hours is enough time to teach all of it and the second one(and principal) is if you know any book/material i could work with!

Pls, i`m in desperation with it cuz i must organize everything to start the classes within 20 days..

Can you give me a hand with it?

Thank u very much in advance,,,
Mylena

4 Jun 2009      

roneydirt
United States

One since it has to be job related create lessons that deal with the job, location and expand the material outwards.  A couple quick examples...

How to....  lesson get a map of the mall and start with basic direction vocabulary with a point of reference to different stores, sites and places.  Then expand by picking different spots.  A fun portion have them write how to get from one spot to another than have another student follow the directions.

Description terms:  You have the weather, stores, people...

Conversations: about products include descriptions, favorites...

There are a several different worksheets on here you can use as examples.

20 days wish I had that I usually have a day or two to rush and throw stuff together, mainly because my "bosses" forget to tell me about changes, special events...  I have had to throw lessons together minutes before classes, then they wonder why the lesson seems rushed.

4 Jun 2009     

mylena87
Brazil

that`s the biggest problem. the same happened to me... i`ve just been told it!
But i realy  would like if u (or sb else) could tell me a good book to work on it, cuz it`s a course anyway and i`m gonna need some material to give to my ss, so it ll seem more organized, do u get it?

4 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Have a look at �English for Work � at http://www.englishclub.com/english-for-work/index.htm
The section for tour guides will have some useful vocabulary that you can adapt.
CHeers,
AB

4 Jun 2009     

mylena87
Brazil

thks very very much Alien Boy...it really helped me a lot!! it was pretty nice of u!!
thx

4 Jun 2009