Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Why were my insect flashcards removed?    

Why were my insect flashcards removed?

lomasbello
Venezuela

Why were my insect flashcards removed?

I know moderators have more experience than the rest of us and somehow they give their opinion according to what they have experienced; but I consider my insects flashcards are not simply pictures. Apart from realia, I use flashcards to introduce a new topic, to review a vocabulary taught or to make student talk about what they have learn. From my point of view, They were so useful to practice verb to be, to review colors and actions since I asked my students for example: can a bee fly or walk? What color is the bee? and so on. I thought this website allowed the members to upload all the resources they use to develop their classes including not only exercises but  flashcards.

6 Jun 2009      

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi,
I don �t know exactly why it was removed but it might be because there were only pictures and no words which would not be considered an esl resource. This site is not a clipart collection. If you ad a very detailed description of what you want to teach, then it will be considered an esl resource and you can upload it again.

6 Jun 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Hi Lomasbello!

Silvia is right... according to the new rules there has to be text on the flashcards for them to be considered ESL material... I suggest you add words and upload them again, I �m sure many users will find them useful.

I also had to update some of my worksheets which didn�t quite apply to the new rules regarding worksheets.They are the Spot the differences series, which had only picutres and now include some prompts for  students to speak about them.

Happy Sunday!

Cyn

6 Jun 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

Thanks a lot, CynW. That is very of you!!

6 Jun 2009     

Akanah
Spain

Hi!

When you upload a WS you can see a list of examples and a single apple (part of a set) appears with no words so, where is that rule which says you must add words?
Maybe Victor posted something about it and i lost it, sorry.
I �m really just asking.

Regards from sunny M�laga :=)

6 Jun 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

Thanks Akanah!!!

7 Jun 2009     

douglas
United States

I agree with Akanah on this one,--I voted to keep them.

7 Jun 2009