Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Personal Abuse    

Personal Abuse

David Lisgo
Japan

Personal Abuse

Dear all,

I spend many hours creating worksheets so I am not very impressed with these words

"AT LEAST GIVE THE LINK, IM SURE YOU DIDNT DO THIS BY HAND, REMOVED"

shouted at me by an anonymous moderator, on the reported contributions page, concerning the following worksheet:  http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=243544#thetop#. How spiteful. You should apologize.

I always give credit where credit is due and this series of worksheets is my creation.

Happily the vast majority of moderators are very nice people and take care when reporting worksheets and avoid personal abuse. I had to get this said otherwise I would be brooding all day.

Sincerely
David Lisgo

7 Jun 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi David
I �m sorry you got yelled at.  A lot of people do not realize that writing in caps is the equivalent of yelling. I guess being anonymous give certain members the right to be rude. Another reason to have our name automatically included in any comment box.
All I can tell you is that  most moderators, me included, will vote to keep a printable without proof of stealing.

7 Jun 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Dearest David,
I am pretty sure it was NOT a moderator who had written that horrible sentence.
Any user of this site can report a worksheet.  So any of the "reporting messages" can be written by non-moderators.
Most of the moderators work hard to REVIEW THE WORKS THAT HAD BEEN REPORTED by non-moderators. Many moderators VOTE for DO-NOT-REMOVE...

In case of all your ABC worksheets, the vast majority of moderators VOTE for your abc wss to STAY.

Most of the moderators work hard to make original worksheets, they do not copy-paste and they ADMIRE hard work OF OTHER CONTRIBUTORS. I am sure all moderators love your worksheets, ABC boardgames and your creativity and they can distinguish a copied wss from an original.

Please do not be sad. Don �t let that horrible person to spoil your weekend...

We do like you and we do admire creative work of excellent teachers like you.

Love,
Moravc.

7 Jun 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

Thank you for clarifying that and pointing out mine own misconception Moravc, and for your support.  I feel your compassion.

Very kind of you,
David

7 Jun 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

And THANK YOU Manonski.

7 Jun 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi David
I am sorry I didn �t check the reported printables ( in fact I haven �t been doing my homework for a few ( many) days, because I have a lot of work, my school year is rushing to the end.

But there is one thing I MUST SAY here, not to you, but to all the members.

Some time ago David downloaded one of my games,because he liked the layout, made all the changes he intended to do for his own kids, emailed me his version, with a very special thank you and didn �t upload his version, here. But he could have done it perfectly, because he only used my layout, taken from the Word; so, there was no problem, but he proved to be respectful enough, and didn �t take profit of it to get some miserable points.

David, YOU GOT A FRIEND AT THAT TIME. HERE I AM.

Hugs
from Portugal

7 Jun 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

I somehow can understand what you feel since It is supposed that we as teachers have the strategies and methodologies to point to any mistake. From my point of you, a moderator or any member can point to any ws out stating the reasons why it does not follow the rules but keeping always the respect among colleguees. I know you felt or feel dissapointed but most of people appreciate your ws and that it is more important than an anonymous comment.

7 Jun 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

I was also upset when I read that person �s comment.  I support you and your work. Keep
it coming.  I see your tracing sheets (and other work) as valuable.  I work in a school that uses tracing sheets everyday.

All the best,

Pinky

7 Jun 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

David, don �t let that comment upset you.    I guess not everyone understands that some people have a given talent.  I would take the comment as a compliment because obviously the comment was made by someone who doesn �t have the ability to draw and assumes others can �t, therefore your worksheet shows great talent. 

7 Jun 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

Thank you everyone for your support.  Knowing I have such wonderful friends on this list should make me less sensitive and defensive to any future criticism.

I �m at peace,
David
XOXO

7 Jun 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

I find your worksheets very useful for young learners!
Thanks for sharing them here!
And don �t let upset you!
Have a lovely Sunday!
hugs and greetings from Victoria

7 Jun 2009     

1    2    Next >