Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Worksheet    

Worksheet

Carla Horne
United States

Worksheet

The message said not to reply, so what do you do when you feel you have been treated unfairly? I want to defend myself simply because it was not a template. Especially, when the accusation is not true. I went ahead and deleted parts 2 and 3 because they are useless without part one. I now ask myself why I should try at all.

Carla

8 Jun 2009      

cheezels
New Zealand

Sorry.. but I really have no idea about what you are referring to... what got deleted any why do you think it is unfair? Can you please be  little more specific?

8 Jun 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Sorry. I get upset when I �m accused of something I didn �t do. My Dinosaur Part I was deleted because they said it looked like a template. Maybe I redid that thing so much until I messed it up. Anyway, I delete Dinosaur Parts 2 & 3 because they used vocabulary from Part I.

I have come to realize that I �m really worried about not contributing and being seen as a "freeloader." Therefore, I keep trying to think of things that will be useful and fun, but I �m not having any luck. My inexperience as a worksheet creator can �t even begin to compare to some of the wonderful work that I have seen here; so I �m putting too much time into worksheets that no one wants, and now I have been accused of cheating.

Maybe we should really come up with an idea of how often one needs to contribute.

Thanks for the response, Cheezels.

Carla

8 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Carla, I can tell you that I don �t check who is uploading, who is downloading and who might be a freeloader. I �ve uploaded 5 documents over the weekend and they have not been very popular but they are in my classroom and with my colleagues. That �s how it is. Don �t worry about anything because I doubt anyone is counting here.

8 Jun 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Thanks, manonski, I needed to hear that, but what can you do to defend yourself when you have been accused unjustly. Is it not important to everyone, or do people just shrug it off?

Carla

8 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Carla,
Anyone can report a printable. I �ve seen someone report once because it was put in the wrong category.
I have not seen your worksheet so it �s hard for me to judge what was the problem if there was one but most moderators here look fair to me.

8 Jun 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Hmmmm without seeing the actual printable I really don �t know what to say... what I can give you are some "tips" on how to prevent a printable being deleted. Also ANYONE can report a printable... and let me tell you, there have been some very very strange reasons as Manonski has pointed out....

1: Always make sure that your printable has a good heading/title about what it is for. If it is part of a set then make sure you put part 1 of 3 for example.
2: Always write a clear and detailed description about what your printable is used for, even go as far to explain how it links to the remaining parts and give an activity that is ESL based. You would be suprised at how a great description also attracts people to give your worksheet a more closer look!
****Also if you do that then when the moderators check the reported printable they can see that an activity has been clearly explained etc.....

This is also important because a lot of teachers are trained in one learning stage:eg early years or primary level or high school or ESL adults etc and many teachers just do not know or understand HOW some activities are used, especially in the early years. The amount of times I have seen "is this an esl resource?" or "how do I use this?" is staggeringly high...

You really do need to basically spell it out!

All I can say is good luck with your future printables... and maybe consider re uploading the one that was deleted but make sure that you have written the description etc. Lastly was there any need to separate the pages? Maybe you need to look into reducing the size of your images so that you can fit a couple of the parts together?

GOOD LUCK!!!

8 Jun 2009