Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > Help! Part of my uploaded ppt is invisible!    

Help! Part of my uploaded ppt is invisible!

anitarobi
Croatia

Help! Part of my uploaded ppt is invisible!

Hi, guys...
Now it īs me who needs help. I īve just uploaded a powerpoint(a children īs play) and a ws about the same topic, and it all went through ok, but when I went to my printables to check it, it turned out that the other half of my ppt wasn īt visible - it was just white with a little red cross in the top left-hand corner. I deleted the ppt and the ws(which uploaded ok), because they īre about the same thing, so I want to upload them on the same day (and, of course, I will try to do it tomorrow, because those two tries and a successful upload of another worksheet, and my 3-contributions-a-day limit is completed). However, my question is: has this ever happened to you and do you know what īs the problem, because I wouldn īt like the same thing to happen again tomorrow? I īve checked the KB, and they īre under 500 for the ppt, so I īm not sure what the problem was. It īs all fine on my PC, no pictures blocked, the background and the text are ok... Help, please... my ego is confused, because I īm proud of this ppt...
Btw, this is not the first ppt I īve tried to upload and I had no problems with the others...

Help, help, help... Thanks a lot...
Anita 

8 Jun 2009      

alien boy
Japan

Okay... first question:

Did you use īinsert picture from file � or did you copy & paste the picture directly into your PPT?

If you copied & pasted, you would be better off saving the pictures you originally copied as files on your computer & then insert them. (Hope that makes sense)

I look forward to your reply!

AB

8 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Sorry, everybody, false alarm... It seems I AM new to this site after all - I īve checked some other ppts some of you sent, and it seems nobody īs preview of page 10 and on is visible in the preview, but it is when I download it. So, my apologies for the rookie mistake, and you can expect a children īs play ppt and ws tomorrow...
Anita

8 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Alien boy,
thanks for the advice, but you can see from my post I was just being too careful too soon... my mistake! I shouldn īt have deleted it before checking all my options - now I īve blown 2 contributions... the problem actually seems to be this - NOBODY īS PAGE 10 AND ON IS VISIBLE IN THE PREVIEW!!! So the joke is on me... Thanks for the reply anyway...

PS: Your advice makes sense, but I have to say I use both methods - I use saved pictures and copy-pasted ones, but that wasn īt the issue here, clearly... It īs just my ego gnawing at me for making such a rash and stupid mistake, and I so wanted to show off, you know... Well Life teaches humility, right?Ouch thanks again

8 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

No worries, pleased to hear you īve had a īlearning experience � LOL

On the tip mentioned in my last post, you will find inserting images to be less error prone than the īcut & paste � approach, so it is much safer to always insert an image. You also have more flexibility in amage editing/manipulation if you have a copy of the image available to edit - but always keep the original & play with a copy... it helps avoid mishaps.

Cheers,
AB

8 Jun 2009