Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > verbs and their derivatives    

verbs and their derivatives

life_line
Ukraine

verbs and their derivatives

Hello my friends.

I need your help. Could you please help me with the following: I �m surfing Internet trying to find any lists of the most often used verbs with their derivatives. E.g. hope- hopeful-hopeless-hopefully etc. This is very important. If you have any of them or by chance know where they can be found, the post or pm is very welcome Thanks in advance!

Life_Line�

THANKS!!!

11 Jun 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

Since I teach FCE groups, this type of exercise is done under the name - word formation, so just google FCE word formation, and you �ll get many exercises for this type of thing (prefixes and suffixes). The other site I find very useful for all grammar and similar issues is Englishpage.com, which offers rules, examples and online and printable practice.
I hope this helps some...
Anita

11 Jun 2009     

life_line
Ukraine

In Ukraine, when ss leave the school they have to take so called �outer evaluation � exams in order to enter a university. And one type of exercise is to make the correct form of the verb/noun given in brackets.�

e.g. (Fortune), he fell off the ladder and couldn �t take part in the competition.�

That �s why I badly need the very list. I could compile one myself but I �m sure I won �t cover all the important words...

Thhanks for the previous comments as well! you �ve been helpful guys

11 Jun 2009     

libertybelle
United States

You might find something you can use under word formations here at ESL

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/buscar.asp?nivel=any&age=0&tipo=any&contents=word+formation&B1=Search#thetop

11 Jun 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi my dear friend! I �ve just sent you a private message.

Wish you all a wonderful day!  Smile

Today is a holiday in Portugal!  Wink

Hugs,  Hug
mena

11 Jun 2009     

mena22
Portugal

LOLLOLLOL  You GOT me dear Sylvie!!!!

Hugs and kisses,
mena

11 Jun 2009