Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > MODERATORS; HOW DO YOU KEEP COOL ???!!!    

MODERATORS; HOW DO YOU KEEP COOL ???!!!

elderberrywine
Germany

MODERATORS; HOW DO YOU KEEP COOL ???!!!

I have only been a moderator for three days but I � m really quite shocked at what is uploaded on this site.

Document after document: copied from here, pasted from there, dug out among other people �s worksheets, stolen from some other place - extremely blatant breaches of copyright, made with incredible insolence. 

First of all I admire all those knowledgeable people who find the secret sources of all these worksheets and report them. They sure do know their way around www. Thumbs Up  Clap
Clap
But then I wonder how moderators keep calm and prevent themselves from writing nasty comments after the fifth, sixth, seventh, eight  ... twenty-ninth ..  outrageous theft - Angry  there must be many moderators who by nature are much more  hot-blooded than I am with my moderate Central European temper .Wink... how do you do it?

16 Jun 2009      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Well actually - previously some people did get frustrated - it seems the coment bit is still available - oops.  HAsn´t Victor done a magnificent job of upgrading the moderators section! 

Most insulting comments were from reporters - which is the bit he has limited. 

I do take my head off - I hardly ever to make it through all th reported worksheets without shaking my head at the lengths peopple will go to, to get free downloads!

Welcome to the 1000 club.

I much prefer the 100 club I am a part of - but that is another story!

16 Jun 2009     

Julia*
Germany

I �m not a moderator and I �ve been here (on this site) only for several days but I wish you "Good luck and Keep calm!!!"

16 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I �m happy �down under 1000 pts � and will keep it that way as long as possible. I don �t want to �grow up � yet! Wink

16 Jun 2009     

FroggyClaudine
France

I actually totally agree with Ivona. I �m really happy to be under 1,000 and yet I feel a bit ashamed for the time being because I haven �t been able to contribute lately because I do most of my work during the holidays. Good luck.

16 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

To be truthful it can be stressful sometimes... and not with the copying or taking from others but the senseless reporting of things because others haven �t taken the time to read the description. I have actually had to take time outs from the reported section.. especially when I start getting irritated by such things.

It �s sort of like... "I think I am going to say something nasty... so I �d better step away from the keyboard..." LOL

16 Jun 2009     

rozianne
United Kingdom

Wellll, I have to admit something. Gulp.  I �ve had 1000 points for a while now but just don �t feel I can be �a moderator �. Is that a problem?

I mean I can hardly create a decent ws myself, does that give me the right to judge others �?  Also, I �m a nincomputerpoop and know nothing of the www so I find it impossible to search for original sources even if I know sth has been copied.

I DID try once a while ago and found a PPT I know I have seen before -  also the technical information in it was both WRONG + MISLEADING but I couldn �t for the life of me find the original source so I couldn �t report it.  I spent two days trying to search for it.

I gave up.  I don �t think I can do it.

Am I going to get kicked out for it? Or have smelly cabbages thrown at me? Or what?!

16 Jun 2009