Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > games for english class??    

games for english class??

crisferpi
Spain

games for english class??

Hi everybody.

Can anyone tell me some games for my classes?

This is the last week for my students and they want to play instead of doing worksheets or reading. My problem is that my pupils have different levels (elementary-preintermediate) cause I work as a private lessons teacher.

I can�t find any interesting game.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot.

Clap

17 Jun 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

sent you a pm

17 Jun 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

I sent you a PM too :)

17 Jun 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Ladybird and Ivona have lots of games and ideas.
Write Ladybird above and search her board games.
L

17 Jun 2009     

yolprica
Spain

I have a bingo with which students learn the shops and it is suitable for all ages. I �ll upload it later, ok?
Yolanda

17 Jun 2009     

mjpa
Spain

There are many different games you can play. My students love to play who is who, for instance. In this website you can find many different versions of this game.
Two other very easy games and which my students love are bingo and hangman. This are very useful for students of different ages as they can review vocabulary.
For instance, you can make them a bingo to review parts of the body, or food or clothes or anything. And the same with the hangman.
Another different game is trying to guess any word, for instance, the name of an animal, or a food name, or a place, by asking only yes/ no questions.
The teacher thinks about a word, imagine, the word "lemon" . You tell them that it�s a food name and they have to guess it by asking questions such as "is it a fruit?, "is it a drink?", is it a vegetable?.
The same can be done with place names and the structure can you ...
Can you drink in this place? , Can you talk there?, Can you eat there? .....

17 Jun 2009     

idamjate
Morocco

Please, I want games and activities for absolute beginners. thanks

17 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

what �s missing? - use word cards and flashcards, have them close their eyes, erase or hide a word/pic and have them guess what �s missing

fill-ins - all kinds fo fill-ins, fill in a letter in the key word or a word in a sentence

unjumble - write a word with jumbled letters (e.g. tac instead of cat) and have them figure it out, or write a sentence on colourful paper and cut the words, so that each paper contains 1 word and have them unjumble it, i. e. put it in the right order

yes/no - you say sth about a key word in English, and your sts have to say whether it �s true or not (yes/no) - e. g. This animal has got a long neck. (point to giraffe flashcard) Yes!

Does this help any?
Anita

17 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

there are a lot of threads with a lot of games. it just takes typing in "games" in the search box at the bottom of the page under �contents � and there you go:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/search.asp?query=games&username=&fromday=0&frommonth=0&fromyear=0&today=0&tomonth=0&toyear=0&B4=Search

17 Jun 2009     

crisferpi
Spain

Thanks everybody, your answers are very very helpful.

I love this website Wink

Thanks a lot.
Cristina

Clap

17 Jun 2009