Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Troublesome issue/doubt    

Troublesome issue/doubt

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Troublesome issue/doubt

Well, I was going through today �s recent contributions and I thought 6 printables looked totally alike. When I went to check if they were from the same user, since we all know that we can only make 3 contributions per day, I noticed that "both" users were from the same country, were new, and had identical ws layouts.

These are "their" accounts:
http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/author.asp?user=325654#thetop
http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/author.asp?user=325516#thetop

My point is: it �s obvious that some clever Joes must have already thought of having two accounts to send more than 3 contributions per day, get more points right away, and no harm, no foul. But should it be allowed? If you �re going to cheat, at least do it nice and smoothly... Or am I totally out of my business and that �s standard stuff?

I don �t mean to be rude, it �s just that it seems so unfair to me, if it �s one of the site �s rules to have only 3 contributions per person, and you �re trying to bend this rule, at least be a little more careful.

I don �t know for sure. But I �d sure like to hear some others � opinions.

Sorry for the inconvenience of reporting some user without a sure idea of what �s wrong, but still... it seemed unfair to me.

Thanks for the attention in advance.

18 Jun 2009      

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Even worse -- There are nine ws, from 3 (not only two) different users, but with the same layout and even the same names and descriptions.

I just can �t see a coincidence there.......

18 Jun 2009     

susiebelle
United States

This does seem a little strange.  The downloads are for the same school, same level and  same series of tests for both users.  They include tests 1-2 and a revision sheet for one user � and test 3, 4 &5 for the other user.  Very strange-but I will say that each WS seems to be original and  useful for overall intermediate ESL revision. 

18 Jun 2009     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi!

I guess you have just discovered another way of cheating. Unless Victor finds a way to solve the problem, you can always report the worksheets as being the copies from another user, even if it they are from the same person. At least he/she wouldn �t get the points 3 times for the same worksheets.

Best wishes from sunny Portugal
Manuela

18 Jun 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

You are only allowed one account.

When Victor finds these anomalies he wipes the accounts.

This has previously happened to a member with 1000 �s of points who was using the 30 free per day to give herself more points.

A bit pointless really to have more than one account and upload the same worksheet on the same day...

18 Jun 2009