Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > help ! I īm looking for a picture...    

help ! I īm looking for a picture...

melise
France

help ! I īm looking for a picture...

Hello everyone !

I may be asking for too much : I īve been looking for a picture I can īt find (google, books...) and I was wondering if you could help me.
I īm trying to find a picture or a drawing of an annoyed boy in his room hiding something he is writing. I īd also like to have a girl entering the bedroom or trying to talk to him (to know about what he īs writing...), or maybe dancing or making fun of him.
On top of all that I īd like the picture to be appealing to 12 year olds...
Well, I know I īm looking for something extremely precise and I won īt mind if nobody can help, I īll just make my dreams fit reality rather than the contrary (as I read yesterday on the forum Wink).

I hope you īre having a great Sunday.

Thanks

Elise

21 Jun 2009      

Nebal
Lebanon

Hello Melise,
It īs really hard to find your pictures, but I find one. Hope it īs your request.
Check your pm.
hugs,
Nebal

21 Jun 2009     

ignis.fatuus
Poland

:) your question reminds me of one scene form Little Britain.

-"I īm wondering if you can help me. I īm looking to buy a painting of a disappointed horse."
-"A disappointed horse?"
-"Yes."
-"I īm not sure...uhh..." (rummages through stock and produces a picture) "How about this one?"
-"That horse looks more perturbed than disappointed."
-"Right. Maybe this one?"
-"The horse looks disappointed, but not because it received bad news. It looks more like disappointed because it had high expectations in life that have remained unfulfilled."
and so on and so on. have a look here

21 Jun 2009     

melise
France

I haven īt managed to watch the end of the video yet (my internet connection is really terrible at the moment), but I have to agree with you... Cry (well about the begining for now...).
The scene is really funny though ...
I have a plan B and I know this is probably what I īll end up doing, I īm just hoping for a miracle... you never know ! (don īt spend time on my dream picture, I īm just asking in case anyone has it in store and knows where it is).
Time to eat for me, I īll be back soon...

21 Jun 2009     

puddyd
Oman

check your PM and send me a msg asap coz I want to go to bed

21 Jun 2009     

melise
France

Thank you all for your time, I think I īve got what I need (not leaving with an owl here Wink)
cheers,

Elise

21 Jun 2009     

ignis.fatuus
Poland

-"I can īt help thinking this owl looks more disillusioned than displeased." ;)

i īm happy you īve found what you need :)

21 Jun 2009