Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > BOOKS TO CHOOSE    

BOOKS TO CHOOSE

Dkay
Turkey

BOOKS TO CHOOSE

We can �t decide which book to choose for the next term.  Our students are 5th-6th 7th  and 8 th  grades.  They are 10-15 years old.  Any suggestions . Thanks :) 

23 Jun 2009      

Carla Horne
United States

Hi Dkay,

What level are they reading on? If they can read fairly well, you could do The Call of the Wild by Jack London. The company Puffin Graphics did make a graphic novel out of it, and there are movies for it, too. I hope this helps.

Carla

23 Jun 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I �m not sure if you are asking about free reading books or classroom text books.

If you are looking for a free reading book with a great film that truly follows the book - then I would suggest The Body by Stephen King.  The film is called Stand By Me and is about 4 young boys in the late 50�s or early 60 �s. My kids loved it.
It is the only book by Stephen King that is not a horror book.
I usually show a film to re-enforce learning. It also helps the weaker students
understand.
Hope this helps
L
ps - Another teen book is A Walk to Remember. It is also  made as a film.

23 Jun 2009     

fleur
Malta

My daughter who is eleven liked Spiderwick a lot.
You can also watch the film.

23 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

My humble vote is for "The Narnia" series... there are 7 books and 6 of which are directly related to each other. They would be a great "carry on" idea - one year they read one book, next year two, third year another two... etc... 

23 Jun 2009