Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Trouble ESL Game Board/Board Game    

Trouble ESL Game Board/Board Game

Pinky Makus
Canada

Trouble ESL Game Board/Board Game

I am so glad you like my game!

Thank you for all of your comments.  Someone suggested that you could use small coins with colored stickers on top instead of the dots.  I also wanted to say that you could use colored buttons, beads, tiny painted corks, straws cut into small pieces (segments), tiny erasers,caps from old markers, painted earplugs (the stiff foam kind) even small candies.  What ever you use just make sure it is age appropriate and the kids don �t try to eat them.  Smile

If you have more ideas to make the game more fun please let me know.

Happy teaching!

Pinky

P.S.

You could also put a magnetic sheet on the back of the game and use magnets for game pieces (only with older students).

26 Jun 2009      

frenchfrog
France

I �ll tell you one of my secrets to have counters: I eat Kinder Surprises / Kinder Eggs! LOLLOLLOL

26 Jun 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Loved the idea... will "try" it... LOL

26 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Hey, french frog, I do the same thing, well, my kid does... actually, it was my sts who first decided to bring their own and use them, after I had used small rubber animals toys in a black bag to play the game of surprises - they said: Hey, we could play the board game with these... I love the sts who are so into it they start giving ME ideas....

26 Jun 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Great idea!  I forgot to mention that sometimes I buy hair elastics for little girls that have little plastic shapes on them.  I cut off the elastic and use the little shapes for game pieces.  I have some plastic feet, flip flops, dolphins and butterflies etc.

26 Jun 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Right now I am collecting the characters from Ice Age 3!!! LOLLOLLOL

26 Jun 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

I have to control myself....I like cell phone charms from vending machines, especially Hello Kitty and Winnie the Pooh.  Embarrassed

26 Jun 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Look at these game pieces.  Each of your students can make one with their own pictures.  :)

27 Jun 2009