Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Loads-up with text scattered or images moved?...wtf?    

Loads-up with text scattered or images moved?...wtf?

freedom4life
Canada

Loads-up with text scattered or images moved?...wtf?

The document is fine when I preview it, until I upload it. Text and images are moved on the document, when I upload it.  What is the problem? When I preview before uploading it, it is fine. It �s frustrating dealing with websites, even when you do what �s asked.Confused

24 Jul 2009      

baiba
Latvia

Hi

You have to FORMAT the page. Check the layout of the text boxes and pictures, it should be �in front of text � if you have used some background. You may group pictures for them not to move. There are very good tutorials on this site, you can �t download them yet but you can read them!
For example - http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=141905#thetop

Keep trying!

24 Jul 2009     

my-english.edu.pl
Poland

I �ve got the same problem but when I download my own worksheet and open it everything is ok again. 

24 Jul 2009     

freedom4life
Canada

I used Times New Roman for all the Font. That seem to correct the problem, for now. But one should be able to use any Font style without issues. I think they/he/she/webmaster or whomever should take a look a the uploading format/features and allow more of a  flexible upload. Irregardless, if the document checks-out okay while in the author �s possession, then it should be EXACTLY the same when uploading. Thanks for everyone �s help!!Wink

24 Jul 2009     

douglas
United States

You can only use fonts that you have loaded on your computer, otherwise the computer automatically uses the default font (which could be another size and cause format problems)

24 Jul 2009     

Tamala
Slovenia

Hello. I have the same problem when I upload a WS that contains a lot of images. But when you download the WS everything works just right. Take a look at my uploads and you will see what I mean. I usually leave a comment on the WS that if you have problems when downloading it just contact me (if you get the messy WS). Only one person contacted me so far. And it is not necessry to use just Times New Roman (it is kind of boring fot me to write just in TNR:)) To use other writings just embed it after you finish working with your WS and usually (but not with all writings!) it works.
There was a post not long ago that explains how you do this. I�m not sure who wrote it but I�ll check.
Hope this helps. 

24 Jul 2009     

Tamala
Slovenia

I found it-how to embed the writing (it helps a lot)

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=10088

24 Jul 2009