Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What Book Are You Reading Right Now?    

What Book Are You Reading Right Now?

libertybelle
United States

Last time I asked what some of your favorite books were and we had a great discussion going. Lots of the ideas you came with could also be used in teaching.
I went out and got many of the books you all recommended - thank you!
Fall is such a wonderful time to read and I �m in such a Halloween/Fall mood - so

I �m reading Shadow of the Wind.
(just finished The Time Traveller �s Wife)

Hugs
L

10 Oct 2009      

wilwarin32
Argentina

I �m currently reading "How to teach English with Technology" by Gavin Dudeney and Nicky Hockly... love it!!!

10 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

Ramses - The Lady of Abu Simbel - Volume IV  by Christian Jacq

I �ll have to get the earlier books when I �m finished this one.

10 Oct 2009     

mariannina
Italy

"French suite" by Ir�ne N�mirovsky, a writer born in Kiev and who died in Auschwitz (lager) in 1942. I �ve just started reading, I �ll tell you my impressions when I finish.
Ciao Hug

10 Oct 2009     

ants
Switzerland

I �m going to read Child 44, after that, with my second bookclub group, My Life in France by Julia Childs. They �ve made a movie with Merryl Streep playing Julia Childs.

10 Oct 2009     

ants
Switzerland

You �ll love the French Suite!! We read it in our bookclub group and I really liked it a lot.
Enjoy it, Mariannina!!Hug

10 Oct 2009     

Homeless Turtle
United States

Bram Stoker �s "Dracula" or Mary Shelley �s "Frankenstein" are some of my favorite books to read during this time of year. Currently we are reading "The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow" by Washington Irving with my students to help set the mood for some Spooky Evil Smile Halloween fun! If you are interested in doing something similar you can find more information here. http://edsitement.neh.gov/view_lesson_plan.asp?id=256 Have a happy and safe Halloween everybody!

10 Oct 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Hi Fiona, I "discovered" this writer quite recently and I love her way of outlining the characters. I �ll let you know what I think of this book.
Ciao

10 Oct 2009     

Montypython
France

Hi!!!!

I �m kind of lazy and reading a historical whodunit: The Whitechapel Conspiracy by Anne Perry. It �s really nice and the style is excellent.

Have a great day! Hug

Monty

10 Oct 2009     

JudyHalevi
Israel

I"m reading Protect and Defend by Vince Flynn.  Very topical and exciting.

Judy

10 Oct 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Bell,
don �t know if you are referring to our own readings, or our studen �s readings. Confused

Anyway, my students are begginers, so, as far, no big readings, just a few dialogues, which, let me tell you, some of them play really well.
as far as my own readings, nothing new, I got a pocket book collection of Sherlock Holmes and that is what I am revisiting at the moment.
My fave readings ever, well not difficult, because I get back to them very frequently, it seems that some now and then I need to read them again:

Portuguese writer: e�a de Queiroz - a cidade e as serras and " Os Maias " , probably unknown for all of you, pity.

Daphne du maurier - Jamaica Inn and Rebeca

Umberto Eco - The name of the Rose

Isabel Allende - everything, even her Cookery book, a love story through table and recipes and love nd friendship and everythingh

Robin Cook  - everything, it shows us how often modern societies can disrupt main targets.

Well, I love reading , but don �t have much free time, I read everything.

As far as Portuguese writers, let me leave a note here, our most famous writers ( and we had a Nobel some years ago) , are also on my bedside table, but, until now, they don �t belong to the ones I like and need to come back some now and then.

Oh, yes, almost forgot, and obviously .... Harry PotterThumbs Up

Off to the vet clinic, my dear golden had an emergency surgery about midnight, she had a severe problem in her uterus and she made a   hysterectomy. catching her at six. bye. .

10 Oct 2009     

1    2    3    4    Next >