Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > 86th anniversary of Foundation of Turkish Republic    

86th anniversary of Foundation of Turkish Republic

mr.dgdln
Turkey

86th anniversary of Foundation of Turkish Republic

On October 29, 1923, the Turkish constitution was amended. the Grand National Assembly proclaimed the Republic of Turkey and Turkey became a republic. This formally declared the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire.Atat�rk was named as its President, Ankara as its capital, and the modern state of Turkey was born.

Republic Day (Cumhuriyet Bayramı) is celebrated throughout Turkey every year.

Today We�re celebrating this meaningful day.  

Turkish National Anthem
Fear not! For the crimson flag that proudly ripples in this glorious twilight, shall never fade,
Before the last fiery hearth that is ablaze within my nation is extinguished.
For That is the star of my nation, and it will forever shine;
It is mine; and solely belongs to my valiant nation.
Frown not, I beseech you, oh thou coy crescent,
But smile upon my heroic race! Why the anger, why the rage? �
Our blood which we shed for you will not be blessed otherwise;
For freedom is the absolute right of my God-worshiping nation.
I have been free since the beginning and forever will be so.

29 Oct 2009      

loty7645
Turkey

I wish all of us more and more anniversaries to celebrate ...thank you very much mr. dgdln

29 Oct 2009     

miriammh
Spain

Congratulations!!

29 Oct 2009     

rose95
Turkey

ONE FLAG!!! ONE NATION!!!

29 Oct 2009     

zizou27300
Algeria

Happy 86th anniversary to all Turkish people. May God the Almighty Magesty protect your country. Iam not Turkish but I love Turkey

29 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Congratulations to all our Turkish members.

I �m just wondering why it is ok to celebrate this day, but not the new president of the USA???  There were people who said it was political, even though everyone here teaches English and about English speaking countries and many, many teach about Martin Luther King and slavery and many other topics of American history.  Just wondering.

29 Oct 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

@libertybelle
thank you for your good wish.
At the time being I �m so happy and proud of my leader Atat�rk and Turkish Republic that this kind of provocative approaches doesn �t even sound to my ears. No need to sound provocative, I think.
Best Regards from Turkey

29 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Congratulations again, Mr. Dgln; I congratulated you earlier this morning, however I feel like asking Lb nicely why she didn �t respond to this thread, the day this person  was awarded the Nobel Prize and there was a clear suggestion that no other than  educational issues should be addressed.

But there, this thread is about a Turkish National Event, which seems very dear to Turkish members and sounds there is no reason to refer to other personalities. As I see no reason to congratulate Mr. Dgln for his birthday, when everybody else is celebrating LB�s birthday. Unless you, dear members, celebrate your birthday on the same date. There, again, the situation doesn�t apply here. And if it did, I would suggest opening two separate threads.

My best regards to all and again I quote your beautiful Anthem:

Why the anger, why the rage?

29 Oct 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Idalina
Can I ask you if you are looking for troubles?
Let people answer or not answer, to what they want, when they have the time, and they feel like.
There is no need to pointing fingers the everytime. Let things go.

Congratulations to all our Turkish members.

29 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Why the anger, why the rage?
Turkish National Anthem

29 Oct 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

@_ladybird_
the best answer to you is hidden in Our National Anthem. ( as Idelina noted, she always points out what cannot be refuted with an antithesis.)

29 Oct 2009     

1    2    3    4    5    Next >