Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Fee Downloads    

Fee Downloads

Mohdsaber
Tunisia

Fee Downloads

I have downloaded some powerpoints and worksheets as a premium member,
but I was surprised to discover that they have charged me for about 30 pts.
I wonder if they can correct this mistake and give me back my points

28 Nov 2009      

libertybelle
United States

You can only download the newest printables for free. The older printables cost a point each.

As a premium member (with more than 30 points) you can download 30 of the NEW  printables for free.(No points needed)
Today, you have 30 free downloads left.

also read the rules under the menu FAQ

28 Nov 2009     

sophiegirl67
Canada

Also be aware of time zones.  I had the misfortune of losing points when downloaded free wss from the recent contributions.  Unbeknownst to me, the new day started at 6pm my time.  I never recovered my points and it is still not mentioned in the rules which timezone is used on this site.  I guess we all need to learn the hard way sometimes.

28 Nov 2009     

FroggyClaudine
France

Sophiegirl, I think you �re being unfair here. Each time you download a ws or powerpoint from the recent contribution, there �s a message next to "download this worksheet" which says "as a premium member, you can download this worksheet free of charge". If you don �t get the message, it seems logical that you �ll have to use point to get the ws.
Mohdsaber, check that you get the message when downloading because as a premium member, only the new contributions are free but whether you �ve dowloaded thirty "paying" ws or not, it doesn �t really matter because after midnight Spanish time, you get to download your 30 recent contributions of the day again.

28 Nov 2009     

libertybelle
United States

But I was told that even if you lose those 30 points, you are still a premium member and can download the newest sheets everyday  just not the old ones.  And if you download more than 30 of the newest sheets, then they start costing points. Is this wrong?

ps - no one was being rude, in my opinion. 

28 Nov 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@libertybelle - That �s what I was told too. Once you became a premium member, it �s for good, no matter how many points do you have.  So if someone reaches 30 points and than loses them, he/she still can download 30 recent contributions for free.
I hope we are not mistaken on this topic.
Regards, Michaela

28 Nov 2009     

sophiegirl67
Canada

I wasn �t being rude I was stating the facts!

To Ladybird~~First of all thank you for your kind advice. Like I said... "Also be aware of time zones."  (which can also mean be careful..yes I was not careful...I know that, thanks for the reminder but I was just trying to warn another member of this mistake)  I think at this point Mohdsaber is more concerned about why he/she lost points not how he/she can gain points.  I think we all know how we can gain points but it �s not all too clear how we lose points. Everyday this comes up in the forum. I have even seen people respond "This again??" or "read the FAQ".  So I didn �t even bother asking in the forum as it seems to be a sore spot for some people.

Froggy~~Thanks I figured that one out too...like I said I learned the hard way. (btw if your page is not refreshed the message doesn �t change (ie "as a premium member, you can download this worksheet free of charge")

And people are still confused about the 30 point thing!!  I read (in the forum) that you had to maintain 30 points in order to get the free downloads. (ie you have received 44 points but used 12, therefore, you have 44-12=32 points, which is above 30, therefore, you can get 30 free downloads from recent contributions a day BUT if you have 44 points but used 20,therefore, you have 44-20=24 points, which is below 30 therefore, you CAN �T ger 30 free downloads from the recent contributions a day).
So my suggestion is to make this clearer in the rules so people don �t have to rely on the forum which might provide good but also bad advice.

28 Nov 2009     

sophiegirl67
Canada

PS the highlighted white is not supposed to be white....not sure how to change it.

28 Nov 2009     

sophiegirl67
Canada

"When someone gets caught stealing (copying and pasting from the Internet or books) and has less than 30 points after having their worksheet removed by the moderators, (s)he is not a premium user anymore, and that �s good!!!"

What does this have to do with anything that was mentioned!!

28 Nov 2009     

sophiegirl67
Canada

How does one know which members to trust?  Is there a list of moderators that one can refer to?  Do the moderators know the rules?  Is there a list of rules?  To be fair in my classroom the rules are always discussed with the students...in fact I have them come up with the rules themselves.  They are posted for everyone to see so they know exactly when they are breaking and following them.  Is there a list of rules posted at this site?  If so great? (but I haven �t seen them).  If not, there should be so people know if they are breaking them.

28 Nov 2009     

sophiegirl67
Canada

Ladybird, I �m sorry when I saw...

"@sophiegirl

I don �t think you were rude...

As for your question about the premium membership - why don �t you send Victor a PM and ask him about the details? If anyone knows all the answers, it �s definitely him! ;o)))

What I know for sure is this:

When somebody gets caught stealing (copying and pasting from the Internet or books) and has less than 30 points after having their worksheet removed by the moderators, (s)he is not a premium user anymore, and that �s good!!!

PS: if you don�t trust the answers you get on the forum, just ask some users you trust for advice by PM! Wink"

I made the mistake of thinking the entire message was for me.

28 Nov 2009     

1    2    Next >