Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > STOLEN LAYOUT    

STOLEN LAYOUT

evelinamaria
Portugal

STOLEN LAYOUT

Once again I feel disappointed with some teachers from this community. One thing is to get an idea, an inspiration from this or that worksheet. Another thing, and more serious, is to take someone �s work and change a picture or a question... and this is it - an original work!! How can we accept this?
Here are two worksheets, uploaded today, as being original ones... just because they have different pictures??
Sorry for bringing this issue once again, but I �m going to report these worksheets as STOLEN.

Thanks in advance, Evelina

2 Dec 2009      

catiahenriques
Portugal

Hi Evelinamaria. I agree with you.
I  think that each teacher should create his/her worksheet design and don �t use it from other teachers. 
When I see the worksheets on recent contributions there are some worksheets with your desgin worksheets.It should be forbiden!!!
They do it because of the points. What a shame!!!
Hugs
C�tia

2 Dec 2009     

alien boy
Japan

first question... is the �notepad� background a template that you created yourself (& I�m not talking about the colour scheme)?... if not, then that hasn�t been stolen;

next question... are the fonts the same? If not (& at an initial glance the headings don�t appear to be in the same font), then they aren�t copied;

another question... is yours the only worksheet to have a word puzzle surrounded by picture clues? This is a very common approach in Word...

one more question... the student information is laid out slightly differently... so are they copied form yours too?

final question... aren�t the boxes at the bottom of the sheets different to each other? Does yours contain both?

& just to reiterate... did you create the template or is it one that�s readily available for Word documents?

Just a few things to consider before saying a style is definitely stolen/copied from someone else...

If I really wanted to I�m sure I could find examples to prove any members� work has been influenced directly by something else in print or on the web... so please get a little perspective people!

2 Dec 2009     

Sulany
Brazil

Hi Evelina,
I think you are 100% right. It takes such a long time to make a worksheet... Your work is awesome and very creative.
I have a question though: Yours and Xani �s templates are so similar... I always wondered if you work together... I am just curious!
Cheers from chilli Korea.
S.

2 Dec 2009     

evelinamaria
Portugal

Yes, we  work together in the same school and we are GREAT friends.

2 Dec 2009     

Sulany
Brazil

Oh... anyway, I am fan of both of you!!!
Best wishes.
S.

2 Dec 2009     

Sulany
Brazil

I �m your fan, Evelina. I think your work is awesome! (Just to avoid misunderstandings regarding my las post!)
S.

2 Dec 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Oh what a surprise!! You and Xani are good friends... cool!!

Definetively it is your layout.

2 Dec 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Vanesa: Xani did not steal Evelinamaria�s layout... 

It was another member who did this... 

Xani and Evelinamaria are good friends and maybe they share ideas on how to create their layouts.

2 Dec 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

This is getting ridiculous.  It is easy to have a format similar to another person.  AB is right, if the template is from a common program it is not copying a format.  I �ve been told I can �t use red in my title because it is KATIANA �S color. PLEASE!!!  How can someone monopolize a color?  Since there are so many wss here, it is getting harder all the time to create a "unique" layout.  God forbid we step on the toes of the ESL Elite!
BTW, you haven�t answered the question about if you created the background yourself or not, Evelina.

2 Dec 2009     

liutaesan
Korea, South

I think this argument points out a serious problem with this website.  I was under the impression that this website was to help each other and used a point system to make sure people weren �t just leeching.  If I download your file and replace the information, but don �t significantly alter the template wouldn �t that further aid the original uploader and the other teachers on the site? When I first signed up I uploaded almost every day and then had stuff taken off as "not ESL" even though it was an english reading with questions.  Now I am content to get my free 30 recent contributions because you people are trolling looking for someone who got a point they didn �t deserve.  Why don �t we spend more time helping each other?

2 Dec 2009     

1    2    3    4    Next >