Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Postcards from around the world - the first ones arrived, just incredible!    

Postcards from around the world - the first ones arrived, just incredible!

MarionG
Netherlands

Postcards from around the world - the first ones arrived, just incredible!

Thank you soooo much!

a while ago I asked all of you here to send me postcards from different places around the world. I will soon start a unit on countries and nationalities and I thought it would be nice the show my students real postcards from real people in real places. I was soo excited to see that seventeen different nationalities responded to my post the same day. I really felt part of an international community. A few days ago I got a card from the Czech Republic. thank you Lenka! And yesterday (which happened to be my wedding anniversary) I suddenly got 3 more real postcards in the mail!!! From Italythank you Silvia!

From Romaniathank you Camelia! And from Greece � thank you Areti !  Those who provided a return address will receive a card from Israel shortly

This is so great!! My students will be so excited! I hope more postcards will arrive and I am repeating my request�..Help me bring some real excitement into the classroom and please send me a postcard with your name, the name of your country, its capital and the language you speak to my private address here in Israel;

Marion Golany                  

Agron 24                          

94190 Jerusalem             

Israel 

If your country does not have normal postal relations with Israel you can send a card through my address in Holland and it will be send to me    (and I will return you a card thru Holland as well)

I am sure my students will love to hear from you!

Marion Golany p/a Wilbers

Molenberg 14

Holland

5541 VW Reusel

You are welcome to read the previous post from 29/12 �postcards from around the world �

I´m sorry but my pm doesn´t work, you can use my email instead if you want to contact me privately (under my picture it says contact, clicking that should bring my email...)

12 Jan 2010      

izulia
China

What a great idea, marion g! I will send you a postcard from China on Saturday, hope it �s not too late!
A real postcard send by mail is still so much better than an e-card, isn �t it?
Could you tell us later more about your project, how you went about all those postcards with your students, etc? How old are your students?

Good luck!!

12 Jan 2010     

borna
Croatia

Amazing teaching idea, I �ll pass on your adress to my colleagues, since I �m currently unable to go to the post office - I hope you receive a post card from Croatia as well!

12 Jan 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Thak you izualia!
a card from China! How exciting, thank you! Yes there still is time, it will be a few week before we start and the unit itself will take some time as well! Of course I will post how my students reacted to the cards!! thank you!

12 Jan 2010     

silvanija
Lithuania

Hi, Marion,
I didn �t know that you need a postcard Smile. I can send you one with pleasure.
Till when do you need it?

12 Jan 2010     

mary-butterfly
Brazil

hi MARION I LOVED YOUR IDEA.I WILL SEND YOU ONE FROM BRAZIL.MAYBE,I CAN DO IT WITH MY STUDENTS IN BRAZIL TOO. IT �S AMAZING..

12 Jan 2010     

susie13
Hungary

Hi, Marion,

I �ve sent you a postcard this afternoon. I hope you �ll get it soon.

-Zsuzsa from Hungary

12 Jan 2010     

costa
Portugal

Hello Marion, great idea. I �m more than happy to send you a postacard from POrtugal, Azores (have you ever heard of where I live?).

Paula From Azores, Portugal

13 Jan 2010