Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > English Week    

English Week

Glamorous
United Arab Emirates

English Week

hi

dear friends

next week will be English Laguage week

so we as English teacher staff decided to make some interesting and funny activties for students, other teahers and for principls too

such as

free drawings

search for the missing treasure

withdraw on gifts

riddles

school broadcast

......Unhappy that �s all what i have in my mind

could you please give me some more ideas

i want to make this week the most fabulous and unforgetable week in the school

8 Mar 2010      

marzenka
Poland

It would be nice if your students had a chance to try some typical English food (maybe English breakfast?). You can also organize a competition on the knowledge about the UK. Or maybe you and the other teachers can dress as the guards in front of the Buckingham palace or British policemen...? Smile
Good luck! Thumbs Up

8 Mar 2010     

izulia
China

In our school we had English book swap week. The idea was that during the week both teachers and students could bring in book(s) that they have read and wanted to swap for another one(s). They were given a token that they could use during the actual book swap that took place at the end of the week on Friday. Books were placed on big tables in the foyer and sorted into three age appropriate groups. On Friday everyone who had a token had a chance to choose a �new � book. It was quite exciting for students and teachers. Perhaps you could use this for your English language week as reading is part of language. Hope this is of help. :)

8 Mar 2010     

Jayho
Australia

How about a World Web Quest - use the internet or adpat it so that the students have to find different things around the school that relate to the English language/culture.

You might also get some ideas from

and

Cheers -- Jayho

8 Mar 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

last year when we celebrated the english week, i gave my students a list of countries that have english as a first language, they chose one and prepare a report/presentation about that country, they presented they typical dish, beverage, famous people and places , etc they had a lot of fun,.

8 Mar 2010     

Glamorous
United Arab Emirates

thanks a lot for your replies

but the students in my school speak Arabic and so the whole school

they just study English in the English classroom

also the students about 7 to 10 years old
CryCryCryCryCryCryCry

8 Mar 2010     

Kholoud
United Arab Emirates

try the "cinema day" or "movie day" ..
display a poster of an english cartoon or movie at any corner in the school..
and play the vidoe in one of the classes... I bet most of the UAE �s classes are provided with data screens...

8 Mar 2010     

izulia
China

How about decoarating classroom doors as book covers of the famous English fairy tales/books?

8 Mar 2010