Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need some clarification, please    

I need some clarification, please

jadmi
Saudi Arabia

I need some clarification, please

I �m new to this fantastic and extremely useful site and I �m not clear about the rules. Can I upload 4 worksheets which have the same story, clipart and activities but the only difference is that each worsheet has different tenses? Or would they be considered basically the same worksheet because they are the same except for just minor changes? Any clarification would be appreciated. 

26 Mar 2010      

Begogzp
Mexico

Hello
  I think they are ok if they have different aim or purposes the only thing is that you can �t copy ws from a book or a website because that can be reported ok? I hope this can help you
Thanks
Bego�a

26 Mar 2010     

AnnyJ
Taiwan

Hi,

I am also new to this site, I know that you are not allowed to use watermarked clip art, but what I really want to know is...If I download a worksheet from this site, can I use some of the clip art from that specific worksheet?

26 Mar 2010     

victor
Spain

Bego�a is right. It is OK to send four similar worksheets if they have diferent purpose or content.
AnnyJ, some of the members of this website pay a license for the cliparts that they use in their worksheets. In that case, if you take the cliparts to make a new worksheet, it could be a copyright violation, because you don �t have a license to use them.
In any case, I think it would be fair to ask for permission before using other people �s cliparts. Although they are not possibly the original authors, sometimes it is a hard job to find a set of good cliparts with the same topic and style.

26 Mar 2010     

AnnyJ
Taiwan

Thanks for a great site!!!!
Anna

26 Mar 2010     

zailda
Brazil

As I see, Victor thinks "It is OK to send four similar worksheets if they have diferent purpose or content."

I see that some members are abusing the system sending the very same worksheet with same clipart, layout and sentences, just changing the title or making some modifications. Basically all of them are the same. And for me the purpose of all of  them is also the same: to collect as many points as possible.

I want to know if Victor thinks it �s OK to use the same worksheet many times, just changing the title/verb tense.

As you know, part of our work is to show students the differences on the uses of the tenses, but if we give them the same worksheet every time and just say: "fill out with the present simple, fill out with the present perfect.... and so on", won �t they feel more insecure and confuse than if we didn �t give anything for them to practice?

I mean, if the tenses are different, don �t they deserve a completely different ws to work with and learn from?

And one more question: aren �t we supposed to upload original work? What if the only "original" part of a ws is the title?

Are we allowed to send copies of our own work?

28 Mar 2010