Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Looking for the artist or source of these cliparts    

Looking for the artist or source of these cliparts

subzeroking
Iran

Looking for the artist or source of these cliparts

I searched the web and this site looking for the source of these wonderful cartoons and cliparts. Well, I couldn �t find anything, which is a little weird since they are so popular. Anyway... if anyone knows where I can find the complete collection of these series, I �d be most grateful if they could tell me.
here is a picture of the cliparts
http://iceking.persiangig.com/image/Clipart.jpg
cliparts

22 May 2010      

aliciapc
Uruguay

Hi,  it �s www.clipartguide.com

22 May 2010     

subzeroking
Iran

Thank you alicia very much! You were a great help!

22 May 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

I forgot to mention that many of them are watermarked ... don �t use them if you �re preparing a new ws ...

22 May 2010     

melahel7
Canada

The official website is IClipart.com and you need to subscribe.  I addressed the issue before of people using these cliparts without subscribing because they either got it from one of my printables or from someone else with a paid membership.  So please, unless you are willing to pay, don �t use these cliparts.  It shows respect for people like me and it avoids what we call copyright infringement.  There are other resources you can use for cliparts, just google for it.  Hope this helps...

22 May 2010     

Babs1966
France

The link ( www.clipartguide.com) you gave is nice but like you said pictures are watermaked. Moreover those clipart aren �t free.

You can find free cliparts on the net but it �s very difficult.

When you search you should be looking for the ones without copyright. It would be easier to have them accepted in your work.

Just a suggestion ;)

Hope I helped a little.

Truly,
Babs

PS: once in a while when I don �t find what I need, I creat it myself with PSP

22 May 2010     

bamarcia
Brazil

Exactly: www.iclipart.com is the source.
You have to search cartoon(s) + category:people, or click here.
But you need to subscribe.

Have a great weekend.

M�rcia

22 May 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

I posted this earlier last week but I �ll repost my message again here.

I am a subscriber of iclipart.com and 3 weeks ago, I received a request from them because I was violating their terms of use. Victor got that message as well. The reason: the pictures can �t be used in a downloadable format. Since all our printables here are made available to download, I was told that I was redistributing their pictures.

Basically, it means that if you pay, it does not give you the right to use them for this website. Just be careful. I ended up modifying my printables.

22 May 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi there,

Could it be that they dislike the fact that their pictures can be re-used if the printable is editable?

Hum, it looks like people like our friend from Turkey will get in trouble ;o)

Regards

22 May 2010     

mariamit
Greece

Manon, I am also a member but I �ve never received any messages from them.  Maybe Regina is right. My worksheets are arely editable for the reason that I don �t want others copying the clipart. I guess I �ll have to stop using them before I receive any massages. Thank you for warning us.

22 May 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Mariamit, I always group my pictures and save them as one image before uploading.  Only the text is editable. My mistake was to be really honest and always writing the source of my pictures both on my printables and my printable description. That �s how I was "caught". Victor did try to explain the purpose of this site and it did not make any differences.

edit: copied and pasted from terms of use of iclipart

You may not
f. use ICLIPART content in any downloadable format intended for multiple distribution including web site templates, digital scrapbooking kits, software products, e-greetings, digitized embroidery files, electronic games etc., except as specifically authorized.

22 May 2010     

1    2    Next >