Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WORD OF THE DAY FOR SUNDAY    

WORD OF THE DAY FOR SUNDAY

anitarobi
Croatia

WORD OF THE DAY FOR SUNDAY

Dear all,
since Douglas loved my Dipsy suggestion, it appears I am the winner of the word of the day. I �ve posted this below, but it �s a busy Sunday, so it �s going to get pushed out of the forum in a second. Let me, therefore, repeat part of my WOD post...

The word of the day this time will be sth easy, since it is Sunday, after all... I just played this game not long ago with my sts, and they loved guessing this word, because it sounds so simple to guess, and then again...

NURSERYMAN

(I know some of you may know exactly what it means, but the connotations from the root of the word might be interesting. I hope...)

Do your best and most charming... (no dictionaries, of course)
Anita

28 Nov 2010      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

a man for the nursery? like nursery rhymes? nursering man? male nurse? nursing man? a man who took up nursery like some people would take up pottery?
from not really creative SophiaConfused

28 Nov 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Nurseryman is the ugly plumpy bald man who works at my friend �s Nursery. He is the only person over 60 there. :-D
Not very handsome but he knows all the nursery rhymes. :-))

28 Nov 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

A nurseryman is a man one hires on a breeding farm to feed an animal when the animal �s mother can no longer produce milk.  This is only given to experienced men who have had lots of experience with bottle feeding.

28 Nov 2010     

cauffeepot
Benin

a nursery man is a nickname for the head gardener at a plant store, ei. a nursery. To get his plants to grow so high, he reads to them various versions of Jack and the Beanstalk.

28 Nov 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

I know exactly what it is, it �s any man who has entered his second childhood and is sent to nursery school by his children.

David will soon become a nurseryman.

28 Nov 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

In this era of post-emancipation, it is time for ewomancipation. Men around the world now are looking for ways to take on traditional women �s jobs. Since nature -as is its nature- is slow to catch up with the trend, innovative inventions were needed. One of these inventions is called �nurseryman �, you can see for yourself why..

(next men will need to be taught that a plastic doll doesn �t nurse well, not even from real breasts...women would have noticed with one glance at the hand that it isn �t going to work with this �baby �... :)

28 Nov 2010