Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Using ESL Printables for English help    

Using ESL Printables for English help

joy2bill
Australia

Using ESL Printables for English help

I have been very sad lately to see people criticizing others for asking for help on a regular basis.
Surely this website is for helping people, so let �s help.
Sure you can google things but if a student has a problem we answer it, we don �t tell them to �google it �.
I do want to say to pretty3 and anyone else who needs help to keep asking.
We are all here to improve our English...and I include myself in that category although English has been my native tongue for over 60 years.
Isn �t it our duty to keep learning so that we do not pass on our fossilized errors to our students?
I for one am always happy to help. Please feel free to pm me with any problems.
Just my tuppence worth,
Joy

12 Dec 2010      

elprofe55
Argentina

I couldn�t have said it better myselfClap

If you don�t know what �s Joy talking about, please check this

12 Dec 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I couldn �t agree with you more.  I believe we are here to help one another.  I have been helped many times with things I have had a problem with.  I feel we are all here to learn and as teachers we should not deny this of one another whether it be in the English language of with something else.

In the past I have also received much help from other generous members.  Just a short while ago I asked a question about an English Activator and when I checked my messages several members had given me an answer within a short period of time.

I recently received help on how to improve my worksheets from one of the members.  I did not know how to set up a certain type of worksheet.  She was generous enough to share her worksheet information with me.  She gave me step by step instructions on how to set up a certain type of worksheet  Without her help I would have spent hours trying to figure it out for myself and within a few minutes I was able to get what I wanted by following her instructions. Thank you Jhansi for you help.

Since I joined this site I have learned many things and not just in the use of the English language, but about human life itself and how people react.  What is the problem if people need help?  Isn �t that why we are here? 

12 Dec 2010     

kitkatkid
Finland

NO, we �re here because we get the weekends off and it �s Saturday afternoon, and we �ve got nothing else to do. If I don �t get paid, I don �t help people.

12 Dec 2010     

elprofe55
Argentina

@Kitkatkid, the new "Coffeepot" Thumbs Down

12 Dec 2010     

kitkatkid
Finland

Who? Just MHO, man.

12 Dec 2010     

elprofe55
Argentina

Not really humble by the way Wink

12 Dec 2010     

MoodyMoody
United States

Cauffeepot was a member from Benin who was recently removed. Since I �m relatively new, I don �t know the reasons.

12 Dec 2010     

Errie
Japan

I think that some people feel they have a right to react rude just because they �re a moderator. You often see this happen on all kinds of forums. Or it is because you don �t belong to the � �Those were the days � � members. (there �s even a thread about it!) I �m here longer than you blah blah blah...

I think it �s better to ignore those � �rude � � messages and just read the ones who are there to help.

@joy2bill  Clap

12 Dec 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Dear members here,

I �ve seen you all have helped Pretty3 to find the right answer. The 10 comments to her post were really helpful!
And yes, you are right, I am a bad person. Unlike you who gave the right answers. You gave her the fish!
Hmmmm....What about the big THANK YOU she gave you " mmmmmmmm I did my research.
Finally I summerized what I wanted "

Anyway.....am I a Forum moderator? Are there any forum moderators? And what �s the moderators � job?

12 Dec 2010     

elprofe55
Argentina

Talk of the devil...

Thank you for your ironic style and for accept you are a bad bad person Donapeter! ApproveWink

12 Dec 2010     

1    2    3    Next >