Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

franknbea
United Kingdom

Word of the Day

Wow!
Iwoniwoniwoniwoniwoniwon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would like to thank my predecessor Chud, My parents, my manager Phil, my neighbour Marta and her pet skunk and all the poor dears who voted for me...
Ooooops! Wrong acceptance speech! Sorry! 
AHHHEM! 
Here �s one I prepared earlier...
Thanks Chud!

The word of the day is: USUFRUCTUARY

you all know how the game is played. Good Luck!

30 Dec 2010      

French Madame
France

Familiar for "you are such a fruit eater!"
Explanation:
Something you say when you open the fridge and discover that your husband has eaten the last half rotten banana and the last  dessicated orange while he was watching one of the old Rambo film, broadcasted during holidays, that you didn �t watch because after having done the christmas meal and repeated a hundred times to your kids that "no, Santa won �t come back next weekend" and "no, you can �t sleep with your brand new bike in your bed"  and "no, Uncle Joe wasn �t drunk, he was just happy to see you but very tired, that �s why he fell asleep on the sofa before having tasted the Christmas pudding prepared by Mummy!", well, you just went to sleep and...slept...

Wow, I think this sentence is a bit too long...(or is it Christmas time which is too long ?)
Well, let �s see how the new year eve takes place...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL and ...all the best for year 2011!

Mich�le

30 Dec 2010     

miss K.
Ukraine

This one is easy it is a fruit shop (FRUCtuary) owned by Usuf

30 Dec 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Mich�le: Thumbs Up and missK:LOL

In fact it is a very sophisticated word for a very ordinary thing: compost ( used fruit sanctuary! )

30 Dec 2010     

imanito
Morocco

this is the new slogan of the fruit factury in my neighbourhood:

"us - u - fructuary" meaning "our and your fruit factory"
 Mich�le, if you are thinking about buying some fruits, I recommend usufructuary Wink

30 Dec 2010