Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > what īs the English for "dedipix"?    

what īs the English for "dedipix"?

ELOJOLIE274
France

what īs the English for "dedipix"?

Hi,
i īm going to start a lesson plan about internet, especially its dangers... in France, there īs a new game whose main purpose is to put a picture of yourself with the name of someone you īre dedicating this picture to

To win you have to reveal yourself (100 points if the inscription is on a thigh, 150 points if it īs on your boob.... see what I mean?)
this inscription is called a dedipix (dedication + picture) but I can īt seem to find the word in English... It īs probably the same one, but I īd like to be sure...

could you help please???

thanks!

21 Jan 2011      

douglas
United States

This is the first I have heard about this--I īll ask my kids this evening.

Dedipix or Dedi Pix seems to be the right term for it. 

After Googling a little, it looks like this is primarily a fad in France at the moment, but may be making its way to the rest of the world.  There are a few English language sites on it, but most of them are in French (even using Google USA).  The site "androidpit" seems to be the most significant in English (warning, the pics are a bit risque).  I could see this growing fast, thanks for letting us know about it (once again, I can be one step ahead of most my students and my kids).

Hereīs an interesting article on it:

Douglas

21 Jan 2011     

ELOJOLIE274
France

thanks Douglas... I can tell you I had a hard time finding a dedipix that I could post on the forum - most of them are too revealing... I thought that game wasn īt French, but it seems it is... once upon a time we were known for our good food and good wine... once upon a time...
thanks for this article! it īs brilliant and i īll be able to use it soon!
Elodie

21 Jan 2011     

NORINET
Algeria

What the Hell this game is!

21 Jan 2011     

alexcure
Poland

Good evening teachers!

It īs another shocking game! I lack words to describe it, honour and dignity disappear.... I used to have a student addicted to an Internet game, which led to his great problems with his family, school and social life. This naked pix game sounds even more frightening....

21 Jan 2011     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Material on Internet Safety

http://mrsa.wikispaces.com/Internet+Safety+Curriculum+Resources

21 Jan 2011     

alexcure
Poland

The site is very helpful, thank you Pinky! ;-)

21 Jan 2011     

libertybelle
United States

I would never use this in a classroom.
Why open up a can of worms?

there are millions of good topics to teach about - we don īt always have to follow what idiots and new trends are doing.

My mother used to say:

If everyone jumped off a bridge - would you do that too?

28 Apr 2011