Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > 2MB is just not enough!     

2MB is just not enough!

locuazlola
Spain

2MB is just not enough!

Hi,
Does anyone else have problems with the 2MB limit? I have a few presentations which I wanted to upload, however I cannot get them under the limit!
I am working an a Mac so they are in Keynote, but I can save a version as a .ppt. So, I started with a 14.5MB file. I tried to delete some of the pictures and slides to create a smaller �sample � file for upload, as I �ve successfully done this before. In the sample I put a link to an alternative download site that had a larger file limit.
However, I got down to a title slide, and one slide of text, with 2 pictures and no animations, and my file was still too big. 
How am I supposed to upload anything over one slide in the 2MB limit? Is this problem because I �m not working in Powerpoint, and am therefore saving a converted file? What �s going on?
I �d like to share my work for others to use, but it just doesn �t seem possible on such a puny size limit! 
Suggestions please? 

29 Apr 2014      

davoudi
Iran

I agree with what you �ve said. I have the same problem.I think that �s why most of the ppt files uploaded here are not complete, attractive and informative enough!I think the admin should do sth about it, pleeeease

30 Apr 2014     

jannabanna
France

We �ve talked about this over and over again and I agree 2MB is just not enough for PPTs!  I have successfully uploaded several because I always compress the pictures in the programme itself (POWERPOINT) and it doesn �t affect them at all, but some have just been too heavy and I �ve had to upload them on other sites accepting a larger file limit.

It would be nice if Victor could do something about it?

Janet

30 Apr 2014