Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > A suggestion?!    

A suggestion?!

Zora
Canada

A suggestion?!

I haven �t been downloading a lot of new stuff lately because I am super busy and really don �t have the time. Therefore I have just been going and directly getting stuff from users - i.e. downloading older worksheet  - and there is a wonderful amount of stuff out there...

And as I was looking at today �s downloads, I saw about ten or more worksheets that are basically the same thing and from the same user!... and this got me to thinking...

How about Victor allows us to upload only one (maybe two) worksheet per day, per user and starts rotating the older stuff in with the new stuff?

It �s a shame that these older worksheets are left behind and quite honestly, if you think about it,  people are telling us not to download stolen work BUT if we have never seen the worksheet before then how do we know it �s stolen? I think if you rotate the older work with the newer stuff, then the new members see it and are more familiar with them.

Any thoughts on this?

PS: If enough people agree to this, I will take this to Victor and see what he thinks (I don�t know if it is possible even but it�s an idea... ) -  so it would be nice to have as many responses as possible...

Smile

19 Feb 2009      

libertybelle
United States

I totally agree with you Zora
It would also eliminate the problem of people uploading a 3-part ws
one page at a time.
I wrote to one member who uploaded material in 3 parts, that
there was no need for that. A Black and White printable
is not that "heavy" that it needs to be split in 3 parts.

A while back I also had to download the answers to the questions
in a separate sheet. Now THAT was a bummer! (I noticed this after downloading)

I also agree about the older stuff. I often go treasure hunting among
them and have found real gems.

L

19 Feb 2009     

atsitab
Portugal

I agree with you, Zora!

It would be great!

:o)

19 Feb 2009     

al2018
Argentina

I totally agree with you!

It �s a great idea!!   Clap

19 Feb 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I also agree with you, Zora. I think it �s a great idea!!!

MAR Smile

19 Feb 2009     

sirah
Argentina

Yes Zora i agree with you too! because for example today I downloaded  a stolen ws Thumbs Downbecause the original was published when I was on holidays and I didn �t see it before.I �m very angry because I always take my time to read every comment and this stolen ws was reported after I downloaded it.I �m furious!Angry

Have great day!
Patricia

19 Feb 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

How can I think differently? 
I agree with all of you: Zora �s sugestion is an excellent one...
I myself  have always thought it was a pity that hundreds, if not thousands, of brilliant worksheets are condemned to be forgotten..... You really need a lot of time and patience, which we don �t always have, to view the old stuff
Such a concrete suggestion, over which there seems to be a large consensus, deserves to be adressed directly to Victor, hoping something could be done 

19 Feb 2009     

Zora
Canada

I do plan to take this to Victor - so it would be nice to have as many responses as possible... Smile

19 Feb 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Like it Big smile

19 Feb 2009     

eng789
Israel

Great idea, Zora,  there is a lot of great stuff in the archives that you don �t know about unless you go digging for it. 

19 Feb 2009     

freddie
Canada

Recycling the old worksheets sounds great Zora, there are alot of gems in there. Thumbs Up

19 Feb 2009     

1    2    Next >