Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > TIMELINE MAKING    

TIMELINE MAKING

ldeloresmoore
China

TIMELINE MAKING

Hi, everybody --- 

I �m trying to make a very basic visual aid for use in teaching prepositions of time.  I need just a simple cline timeline.  Unfortunately, I can �t download the software to my computer.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I �ve been researching online timeline builders. But none of the 4 I �ve looked at so far seem particularly intuitive or user-friendly.  It doesn �t need to sing and dance. It needs to be just a bare-bones basic cline with dates and information. Just a simple timeline so that the students can grasp prepositions of time.

OH! And I need to be able to save it (or later convert it) to a jpg file so that it can be inserted into a Word document.

If anybody has any info or helpful hints, I �d be grateful.

Cheers from China --

Dee 

24 Aug 2015      

SaraMariam
United States

You can easily do it yourself with power point. It �s a bit more work than those programs you mentioned , but it works just fine.
You can save it as picture directly from there as well without any problem.

25 Aug 2015     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I found this timeline generator intuitive and easy to use.  http://www.readwritethink.org/files/resources/interactives/timeline_2/

25 Aug 2015     

valodra
France

Hello,

Here is a Time Line Generator - easy to use ;-))

Val 

26 Aug 2015