Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Project on fashion...    

Project on fashion...

source
Turkey

Project on fashion...

Hi everybody... I have a student with whom we have one to one lessons... He has to prepare a project for school. His teacher wanted them to prepare a project on clothes , fashion...It doesn �t have to be so long as they will present them in 5 or 6 minutes....I �m trying to come up with a good idea ... If you help me , I �ll be glad...Thanks in advance....

21 Mar 2009      

life_line
Ukraine

Hi, source. Maybe he could choose one of his favourite stars (movis sport etc) and like present all that he has in their wardrobe, plus add some history where/ when and how was this piece of clothing bought or presented to him/her. You can add a price to the description. I think his teacher will like it) I know i would=))

21 Mar 2009     

source
Turkey

Excellent idea , will be taken into consideration , thanks a lot life line :)

21 Mar 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Why not fashion through the ages....(from a long time ago till now)
or 40 �s, 50 �s 60 �s, 70 �s, 80 �s etc..... with  a small section /page on each? (Pictures with sort explanations on what was cool at the time?)
Plus a fashion glossary too..

21 Mar 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

How about:
Fashion disasters that keep repeating on us:
Has anyone noticed the bubble skirt phenomenon returning - I really thought that had died with the 80 �s.  I keep having flashbacks to my preteen days!  Next the girls will be wearing leg warmers and head bands - ooops - the head bands are already here!  No not leg warmers - please please anything but leg warmers!

21 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Fashion in other countries...

Harajuku is well known/notorious for unusual fashion for teens. Many tourists go there just to photograph �cosplayers � amongst others!

This is an interesting online article about Japanese street fashion - it would probably be too difficult for your student but you might find it interesting:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NTN/is_2003_April/ai_104732991

21 Mar 2009     

arkel
Ireland

I �ve seen them here in Spain VickiiiDisapprove

21 Mar 2009     

source
Turkey

Thanks a lot your invaluable ideas , suggestions :) I will tell your suggestions to my student and he will pick his favourite one :)

21 Mar 2009     

andreaewa
Uruguay

If he has to present something he may show a video of a fashion parade and tell (as a presenter) what the models are wearing . He can also include physical appearance, suggestions on what to wear next season or according to different weather. (this depends on his level).

21 Mar 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

hey andreaewa - what an awesome idea - i really like it!  there is bound to be something on youtube.

Commentary to a video for oral language - i had not thought of that before -believe me I will be incorporating it!

21 Mar 2009     

source
Turkey

you are all great , thanks a lot for your contributions...

21 Mar 2009