Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > cartoons+simple past    

cartoons+simple past

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

cartoons+simple past

hi there

does anyone have cartoons to use with the simple past?

Thanks

18 May 2009      

mariamit
Greece

Try this site. It may help  http://www.englishtenseswithcartoons.com/ 

18 May 2009     

cookingongas
France

Hi LuciaRaposo,

Here �s something I often enjoy doing with my students to practise the simple past.

You put them into pairs or small groups and give them a small handful of pictures - any pictures at all (I have some minimal pairs picture cards I �ve made; bus and boss, pepper and paper etc.), and tell them to make up a story (in the simple past, of course) using these pictures - you can get some really wild stories!

The bonus of using minimal pairs picture cards is that the students are practising their pronuciation at the same time.

I can email my picture cards to anyone who �d like them, but they �re too big to post here.

All the best,

Charles.

18 May 2009     

ants
Switzerland

Hi Charles,

I �d like to use some of your cards....to get students speaking...as my 5 private students have to be able to do some speaking for their exams in June.

So, if you think they would help with general description...I �d love them!!
I �ll send you a private message with my e-mail address.
Thanks for offering. Smile

18 May 2009     

passport220
Korea, South

Hi Charles:

Your cards sound like a nice idea. I will PM my email.

Thanks!

18 May 2009     

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

Hi Charles... it �s a great idea... please send them to my e-mail...

Thanks a lot...

Greetings from Portugal
Lucia

18 May 2009     

luisaluisa
Brazil

Dear L�cia,
Try the site www.monica.com.br . They used to have literally thosands of cartoon strips (B&W) and even whole stories (in colors) with the Turma da M�nica, in Portugese, Enlish and Spanish. I haven �t visited it for quite a while so I am not sure how it is doing now. If you can �t get any cartoons, write to me and I will send you some I have downloaded.
XOXOXO
Lu�sa

18 May 2009     

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

Hi Lu�sa...
How are you....
Thansk for your kind answer.
I �ve browsed though the site www.monica.com.br. It �s really funny... but I can �t seem to find what I really need about the past simlple. I wonder if you could e-mail what you have to me... I �d appreciate a lot...

Thanks once again
L�cia

18 May 2009     

luisaluisa
Brazil

I would love to. Can you  please send me your private email? It is a heavy file. I don �t think I can send it through here. Mine is [email protected]
Lu�sa

19 May 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Have you seen this eslprintables

19 May 2009