Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > using exercises from other user īs ws to create my own.     

using exercises from other user īs ws to create my own.

soleole
Uruguay

using exercises from other user īs ws to create my own.

Hi guys!
quick technical question.
I have created a WS and in it I have included 2 exercises from a ws that I downloaded from the site. The rest of the WS however (which is most of it) I have done myself.
Now, how to avoid ppl saying it is stolen?
Do I simply aknowledge the source of those two exercises?
the problem with this is that I don īt remember anymore who the user is!
can I only say something like "adapted from a ws downloaded from ESLPrintables" or something?
Thanks for your help!!! :o)

25 May 2009      

source
Turkey

H I, i think you should find who is s/he? Because it can be unacceptable to use someone else īs exercise unless you take a permission

25 May 2009     

Portugal

"H I, i think you should find who is s/he?"
Better: "I think you should find who he/she is."
Thank you.

25 May 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

If you can īt remember - or find them on search function - just say adapted from an esl worksheet.

If the majority of the work is your own - i don īt see what the problem is.

People have suggested that you also use your own formatting - rather than taken formatting from other people...

25 May 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Why not write something like: "Please, if you recognize your exercises, contact me as I would like to give the link to YOUR worksheet!!" Wink It is great to work as a team!

25 May 2009     

source
Turkey

"H I, i think you should find who is s/he?"
Better: "I think you should find who he/she is."
Thank you.
oupss why? sexism???

25 May 2009     

soleole
Uruguay

thanks guys.
I have found the user and I have asked permission to use her exercises quoting the source.
the formatting is my own, I have only used an exercise amongs others which are my own.
so hope to upload the ws soon! :o)

25 May 2009     

Portugal

My dear, we don īt say "H I, i think you should find who is s/he?" . This is an indirect question, so, you write the subject before the verb, ok? Like is: I think you shoul find who - the subject: he or she, whatever, and the verb: is. That īs what I meant, sound and clear. Thank you and have a good day.
Big smile

25 May 2009     

source
Turkey

haaa , okey a quick mistake ;)

25 May 2009