Taboo! BOARDGAME. Complete with board, instructions and 4 pages of cards!
The TABOO! Game is very popular with my students and I´ve played it several times, it´s a great way of REVISING VOCABULARY.
I have included the game board, instructions and 4 pages of cards (print and laminate).
(1) Divide the players into two teams.
(2) Choose one person from a team to be the first clue giver. He/She sits opposite his/her team and draws a card and starts the timer. The card should be hidden from his/her team but visible to at least one of her opponents.
(3) The clue giver gives clues to the players on his/her team. The clues can be single words or sentences. The clue giver cannot use any word from the Taboo! list printed on the card. Any parts of those words or forms of those words are also forbidden. For example, if the forbidden word is "birthday," the clue giver cannot use "birth" or "day." If the forbidden word is "read," the clue giver cannot use "reading."
(4) Score one point for the clue giver´s team for each word they guess correctly. There is no penalty for wrong answers.
(5) Award one point to the clue giver´s opponents for each time a Taboo! word is used, and for each time the clue giver passes on a word.
(6) One member of the opponents´ team should pay attention whether the clue giver uses a Taboo word. Then the clue giver moves onto a new word.
Copyright 16/5/2009 Kathleen Jordan
Publication or redistribution of any part of this
document is forbidden without authorization of the
see more worksheets by LittleSunshine11