Shopping Game (Junk Food)
Shopping Game Rules
1. Cut out the 4 shopping carts, 16 picture cards and Conversation cues (Cut only below the red text, then fold between the red & green text.
2. Place the 16 picture cards face down with the students sitting in a circle around them.
3. Students are each given a trolley, which has a shopping list of four items that they need to buy.
4. In turn, a student picks up a card. If they don´t get the card they want they have to say “I don´t like bananas” but if they get a card that they are looking for, they say “I like cherries” and put it in their cart. You can change the dialogue to anything you like, for example: “I don´t need banana” “I need bananas” etc.
5. Once a student has all four cards, s/he wins the game.
Changing the shopping list
1. You can change the game to practice any vocabulary you like
2. Place the cursor inside a cell, select “Insert Picture from file”, find the picture that you want to insert and press “Insert”. The picture should automatically resize to fit inside the cell.
3. Change the text inside the trolley list to match the pictures
4. Change the conversation cues by selecting the WordArt object and editing it. Voila. Print, cut and play.
Copyright 12/1/2011 Lippy_Madrid
Publication or redistribution of any part of this
document is forbidden without authorization of the
see more worksheets by Lippy_Madrid