LAST CHRISTMAS by Wham
1. Introduce the song and singer-songwriter (name, country, background).
2. Slowly drill the pronunciation of the missing phrases and words, defining new words and phrases. (Gapping out phrases as opposed to just single words helps train students to receive and comprehend English more efficiently.)
3. Students stand up and practice saying aloud the phrases and words in pairs, checking and helping one another. Then they can sit down after practicing them all.
4. While listening to the song twice, students write in the missing phrases or words into the blanks.
5. Have students voluntarily say and or write the answers on the blackboard. Confirm and correct their answers they wrote. Have the students correct their papers.
6. Explain the meaning of the song more, if needed, and briefly have a discussion about the song.
7. If the students really like the song, have the class memorize the lyrics and sing the song. This optional step should be done over several class meetings.
Copyright 12/12/2008 Michael Kanda
Publication or redistribution of any part of this
document is forbidden without authorization of the
see more worksheets by pandabear