Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > It was taking long...    

It was taking long...

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

All of you ARE 1000& CORRECT!!!

As I have been saying for a while now,... I believe Victor (or us, members) should find
another way of controlling stolen or copied ws...

Moderators are going too far and report everything... everyday I see someone complaining
in the Forum, then someone answers back... welll it �s creating an unhealthy environment here. I do feell bad when I read the forum... and all I see is unhappy, frustated people!!!

I do know cheating has been a growing problem here and people don �t refrain from sending copied work in order to chase points.... However, another problem appeared with
"moderators"...

WELL, VICTOR, WHAT CAN BE DONE??

I �VE SENT ONE OR TWO MESSAGES TO VICTOR BUT HE HASN �T ANSWERED YET!
I HOPE HE WILL, ONE OF THESE DAYS...

to you all
and
BE HAPPY   

6 Jul 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Lucia, You should know that anyone can report wss not just moderators!
And, what do you mean by "moderators are going to far"?  If you took the time to visit the reporting page you would see the enormous number of copied, corrupted, empty or non-esl contributions. Reviewing them all is not an easy task but it is necessary - and it is performed by members who want the best for eslprintables. I hope you will join us one day!

6 Jul 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I think that Victor made the moderator system to take a bit of the pressure off himself.
It is a huge job to go through all the new materials and extra eyes are always a big help.
Many of us wrote to him long ago offering to help.
I like the system, but there are always some rotten eggs in every basket. By this I mean, that there are some people who are reporting materials that have no reason to be reported. These people are the ones who have gone too far and are making life miserable for the others. They are not the majority, thank goodness, but still they are there.
I guess we just have to live with them and we have to take the good with the bad.
The best we can do is make sure that the good materials are not removed and the corrupt and stolen ones are.
That �s the best we all can do.

And while we �re on the topic - I �d like to say that it bugs me that some people make a worksheet and upload the key on a whole new page. It can �t be right that the key or answer page is on a separate upload. That �s not fair at all.

And last but not least - today we have 9 "flash cards" uploaded individually, where they easily could have be uploaded as a complete set. I won �t download these because many people here either make a one page ws full of activities or make 3-4 page ws for all of us to enjoy.
Uploading one page at a time smells of wanting to get as many points as possible.
That is not the point of this site.

Thanks for letting me rant!
happy Monday
L

6 Jul 2009     

douglas
United States

Liberty-- I bow to your wisdom and articulation.

(I agree with everything you said).

6 Jul 2009     

< Previous   1    2