Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > When do the children star learning English as a Foreing Language in your country?    

When do the children star learning English as a Foreing Language in your country?

totya ( F )
Palestine

In Palestine students start learning English  language  at the age of 6 (1st grade of primary school). In private schools 4 and 5 years old kids learn the alphabet and some vocabulary .At the begining they have 3 lessons a week . Then from 4th to 6th grade they have 4 lessons a week. Finally from 8th grade to 12th grade ( the final school stage ) they have 5 lessons a week.

Totya

8 Jul 2009     

miyoko71
Morocco

In Morocco, genaerally pupils begin to study English in 3rd grade, that is to say at 8 years old.However there are some schools that begin at grade 1(6years old).This is for private school.But public schools generally study English not  before grade 9(between the age of 13 and 14) which is too late in my opinion.
I have to mention that though they study English in Primary school , they do not take an exam in English at the end of the year(grade 6 and 9), and that �s why students aren �t very interested in learning  English.Cry
miyoko71

8 Jul 2009     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi

I just wanted to add that this year I was offered a position that included giving classes to kids in Kindergarten (3-4 years old).

8 Jul 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3