Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > About the situation in Honduras    

About the situation in Honduras

ichacantero
Honduras

About the situation in Honduras

Hi everyone,

Today I write not only as a web-co-worker, but as a friend. The situation in my country is a different kind of tragedy. We are not experiencing war, or oppression. The military have not taken over, and there are no more people in hospitals than usual. Just one person has been officially reported killed in one of the political riots, and it was when they tried to break into the airport. It´s still not clear if it was a military bullet that killed him, since it is known that some of the demonstrators that day where carrying weapons.

The international community has given their back to us, and in many cases are reporting incorrect and false news. As teachers, we must as well pass on the reality of what�s happening in the world. So today I ask you, read and listen to the following and advocate on our behalf. This is the real story of Honduras:

http://www.hacer.org/report/2009/07/honduras-defiant-investors-business.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/02/AR2009070202684.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjiKvUJXpm8

http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/0702/p09s03-coop.html

Of course, this is not a topic for children, but I do urge you to read this and teach about what�s going on here. Tell your adult students, your friends and anyone who will listen.

Thank you and I apologize for writing something unrelated to ESL, although in some way, related. I�m just very desperate for letting my country and people be heard around the world.

Icha

9 Jul 2009      

maufon
Costa Rica

Hi Icha!!

My name is Maureen, from Costa rica.

It is good you to talk about this topic, becuase we just make our own judjements only becouse of what we hear from the news on t v. Some people here say that the true has not been said. It is a shame i don�t have enough time to read the information you are adding right now, but i will as soon as i can.   We are specting for tomorrow, when our president, Oscar Arias talk to them and see what happen.  

I really hope things get better soon.

9 Jul 2009     

ichacantero
Honduras

Thanks for your support Maureen :)

9 Jul 2009     

meuge
Argentina

You know that you also have all my support... Thumbs Up

9 Jul 2009     

ichacantero
Honduras

Yes, of course I know Big smile Thanks!!

9 Jul 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

All my strength to you and all the Honduran people!
Don �t give up!
Cyn

9 Jul 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

becuase we just make our own judjements only becouse of what we hear from the news on t v
Maufon, not EVERYONE swallows what the liberal news agencies report, especially if it is CNN.  News is controlled by outside agencies and is slanted to their agenda. Independent news sources are more reliable.

9 Jul 2009     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

Hi Icha ! I was so glad the other day cause i heard good news on tv, But i can see that this political crisis hasnt ended yet. I hope it happens soon.

All my support from Bs As. 

naby

9 Jul 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Thanks for letting us know the real political situation of your country. I have just read the links and will pass them on to my friends. Having been a political prisioner during our military dictatorship, I value democracy and hope that it will soon prevail in Honduras.
All my love and support, dear Icha.

9 Jul 2009     

ichacantero
Honduras

Thank you all for you lovely words and your everlasting support :)

9 Jul 2009