Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Informal English    

Informal English

sarahgriffin
Ireland

Informal English

Hi

I have a student who is quite an advanced learner.
 He is interested in Conversational English, to fine tune his language.  However, he would like to learn alot of the informalities of the English language.

While I would be aware of informal English and what it is, I am wondering if anyone knows of any good resources available which cover informal English.

I �m just looking for a basis for my own worksheets, but anything would be appreciated, even someone elses own worksheet, although I notice there are not very many worksheets about Informal English here!!

thanks, and happy weekend, (almost!)  Tongue

9 Jul 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

You may find some interesting stuff here.

9 Jul 2009     

sarahgriffin
Ireland

thanks aftab57!!  I actually knew you would be the first to reply, you always have the links to hand!!  thank you!!

9 Jul 2009     

missveronica
Argentina

I use sitcomsa LOT with grown ups for conversational purposes. They use up to date expressions and its sth they can easily relate to.
Also, songs provide new material.

There are several (hundres) of lovely WS on the site you can use for these purposes

Good Luck!

10 Jul 2009